Requirements to extend Non-OA visa

On 8/18/2021 at 7:31 AM, tonray said:

800 K baht must have been held for 3 months after your previous extension. 400 K baht must have been minimum balance all 12 months. 800 K baht must be in account 2 months prior to extension application. 400K/40K insurance required to be in force on day of extension and must cover period of extension 1 year.

No new changes from previous year.

Thanks for the clarification of requirements.
I did my first extension last year (and I failed to maintain 800k baht in bank for 3 months after that extension)
I'm going to Thai Immigration next week as my 'Permission to Stay' ends on 25 August 2021.

I have all other requirements (but I cannot show that one requirement of maintaining 800k baht held for 3 months after previous extension in 2020)

Do you have any advice?

Is it possible to circumvent this issue?

Maybe I need apply for a 60-Day COVID visa extension rather than my current Non-Imm O-A extension?

48 minutes ago, warburtonjt said:

I did my first extension last year (and I failed to maintain 800k baht in bank for 3 months after that extension)
I'm going to Thai Immigration next week as my 'Permission to Stay' ends on 25 August 2021.

I have all other requirements (but I cannot show that one requirement of maintaining 800k baht held for 3 months after previous extension in 2020)

Do you have any advice?

Maybe I need apply for a 60-Day COVID visa extension rather than my current Non-Imm O-A extension?

I'm not sure how your office would handle it. I'm guessing you could get the Covid-19 extension if they turn you down on the yearly. What office might I ask ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, warburtonjt said:

Do you have any advice?

An agent will be able to navigate these troubled waters.

• Haha 1

I suspect CW are going to be strict about the money in bank maintenance rules. Also, you will not be able to find out until three working days before expiry of your current permission to stay (CW is telling people only to come within three days of expiry). Most likely, you will get a 60-day Covid extension, but that will not provide you with a long term solution. You may be forced to use an agent. Perhaps, if you can get an income letter from your embassy (what is your nationality?) CW might not worry themselves with the bank deposit maintenance issue.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 8/18/2021 at 8:31 AM, tonray said:

800 K baht must have been held for 3 months after your previous extension. 400 K baht must have been minimum balance all 12 months. 800 K baht must be in account 2 months prior to extension application. 400K/40K insurance required to be in force on day of extension and must cover period of extension 1 year.

No new changes from previous year.

"400K/40K insurance required to be in force on day of extension" quoted.

Can you advise which day is the "day of extension"?  

For example, both my extension and insurance will be expired on 20th December 2021.
I will go to immigration on 25th November 2021 for the extension.  

Is 21st December the day of extension or 25th November?

By the way, which insurance agent is cheapest in their premium?

Thank you.

On 8/19/2021 at 4:34 PM, warburtonjt said:

You are already on overstay status.  I wouldn't go to the Immigration Dept alone.  Big money involved.  Good luck.

18 minutes ago, Lim Yuan Hai said:

Sorry, you made me confused.
The 20th December at midnight is the 21st December.
Correct or ? (or) What do you mean?

Your extension and insurance ends at midnight on the 20th. Your insurance needs to start then.

If the new insurance started late on the 21st it might not be accepted.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lim Yuan Hai said:

For example, both my extension and insurance will be expired on 20th December 2021.

Your latest day to apply without penalty for overstay is 20 December.

Not a good idea to wait for the last minute.

You can go as early as 30 or even 45 days before.

Insurance can also be prearranged for the desired starting date of 20 December

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Thanks 1

On 11/2/2021 at 6:29 PM, ubonjoe said:

Your extension and insurance ends at midnight on the 20th. Your insurance needs to start then.

If the new insurance started late on the 21st it might not be accepted.

Btw, does Thai immigration at CW require Covid-19 cert for extension of Non-OA?

Thank you and have a nice day, Joe.