In Thailand, an army of volunteers fights coronavirus

snoop1130

6 hours ago, kwaussie said:

How can anyone on this Forum be negative against Monks doing the right thing and desperate to help there people.

Maybe the naysayers should try living in Afghanistan.

These people lead a sad life and cannot accept anything genuinely good that happen in Thailand.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, kwaussie said:

How can anyone on this Forum be negative against Monks doing the right thing and desperate to help there people.

Maybe the naysayers should try living in Afghanistan.

Why Afghanistan? Unreal.

I can not and have not seen a monk do anything but sprout nonsense or beg for food.

Freeloaders the lot of em.

Where do I sign up?  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, jwbrit said:

In our town in the NE there are many volunteers working with the local hospitals. They have a central volunteer coordinator and they go around the villages testing people for Covid and checking on their well being, bringing them to the hospital if needed. Many foreigners don't know about this. 

We have them come around also, local folk that do every thing they can to help in our small village.

Never seen one of the local monks with them.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sherwood said:

We have them come around also, local folk that do every thing they can to help in our small village.

Never seen one of the local monks with them.

Kudos to whomever is helping, but I'm not going to allow someone who doesn't have a clue of what he or she is doing jab a swab up my nose halfway to my brain.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ThaiKhunThai said:

I wish people are smarter! These are MONKS! Read and don’t comment for the sake of commenting!

Baloney.

I assume you're reporting from a temple.

What a clown.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

There not volunteers.

There military transcripts.

Forced to.

I'm sure there are some genuine volunteers though.

Not many.p

Seems you fit the adage very nicely :

Better to be quiet and left people think you are a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Artisi said:

Seems you fit the adage very nicely :

Better to be quiet and left people think you are a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. 

I assume you're the pied piper of the monks.

Crawl back under your rock.

Why is it when someone on here mentions Monks, a whole bunch of hate mongers come out from under their hiding place and start spewing hate for Thai Buddhist monks?  What is that old saying, walk a mile in my shoes?  Not every monk you see is a fraudulent poser.  I know personally some damn good monks. 

19 minutes ago, khaowong1 said:

Why is it when someone on here mentions Monks, a whole bunch of hate mongers come out from under their hiding place and start spewing hate for Thai Buddhist monks?  What is that old saying, walk a mile in my shoes?  Not every monk you see is a fraudulent poser.  I know personally some damn good monks. 

I know many damn good people also. Not one of them is a Monk. The "genuine" Monks around here died years ago and those remaining have  never attended formal theological education. They are self exiled escapees from paternal, financial, criminal responsibilites who act as collection agents for the central organization that calls every month for a major cut of the cash collection! Housed and fed in ever expanding facilities funded by  villagers  who have  sweet Flock all . Recently seen self driving a nice new Toyota 7 seater van. Convivial lot but scammers !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nojohndoe said:

I know many damn good people also. Not one of them is a Monk. The "genuine" Monks around here died years ago and those remaining have  never attended formal theological education. They are self exiled escapees from paternal, financial, criminal responsibilites who act as collection agents for the central organization that calls every month for a major cut of the cash collection! Housed and fed in ever expanding facilities funded by  villagers  who have  sweet Flock all . Recently seen self driving a nice new Toyota 7 seater van. Convivial lot but scammers !

Unfortunately your comments are true in probably far too many cases, but not all are in this class of scammers - fortunately there are still many genuine monks to be found. 

On 8/18/2021 at 2:41 PM, khaowong1 said:

Kudos to whomever is helping, but I'm not going to allow someone who doesn't have a clue of what he or she is doing jab a swab up my nose halfway to my brain.  

Well, of course not. They can just do temp checks as early warning. In any case you can stick the swab up your own nose for any of those tests.