Phuket Town waits for lockdown to be lifted

webfact

1629186006_1-org.jpg

Phuket Town Mayor Saroj Angkanapilas makes his way through Phuket Town calling for people to be tested for COVID-19 for free. Photo: Phuket City Municipality

By The Phuket News

PHUKET: The lockdown in the heart of Phuket Town will not be lifted until further ‘active case finding’ tests are conducted today and submitted to the Phuket Communicable Disease Committee for consideration, Phuket Town Mayor Saroj Angkanapilas has confirmed.

According to the order issued by Phuket Governor Narong Woonciew last week, the lockdown, bound by the perimeter of Ranong Rd, Soi Phuthorn and Bangkok Rd, is due to expire at midnight tonight (11:59pm, Aug 17).

Under the lockdown order, issued last Wednesday (Aug 11), “No people are allowed to enter or leave the area, except for the delivery of food, cooking gas, medical equipment, as well as emergency ambulance and medical staff.”

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-town-waits-for-lockdown-to-be-lifted-81082.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2021-08-18

Not sure what they're talking about lockdown, i'm at the moment in Phuket and when i roam the streets of the town most business if not all are open doing business as usual other than you can't enter the island at will everything else is permitted... 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, webfact said:

PHUKET: The lockdown in the heart of Phuket Town will not be lifted until further ‘active case finding’ tests are conducted today and submitted to the Phuket Communicable Disease Committee for consideration, Phuket Town Mayor Saroj Angkanapilas has confirmed.

Then throw the key away .......................LOL

2 hours ago, ezzra said:

Not sure what they're talking about lockdown, i'm at the moment in Phuket and when i roam the streets of the town most business if not all are open doing business as usual other than you can't enter the island at will everything else is permitted... 

It's one specific area of Phuket Town, that around the fresh market that's next to Robinson's department store.   All access blocked off and nobody allowed in or out.

• Like 2