12-18 year-olds in Thailand with 7 diseases urged to get Pfizer vaccine

snoop1130

000_8ZX922.jpg

Photo by Lillian SUWANRUMPHA / AFP

Thailand’s Department of Health is recommending that those aged from 12 to 18, who are suffering from any of the seven specified underlying diseases, get inoculated with Pfizer-BioNTech mRNA vaccine due to the steady rise in COVID-19 infections among this age group.

According to Dr. Suwanchai Wattanayingcharoen, director-general of the Department of Health, 7,787 cases of COVID-19, among those aged between 12 and 18, were recorded within the first week of August and 8,733 during the second week, with the rate of infection on the increase.

Total infections among minors, between April 1st and August 14th, are 41,832, accounting for 0.8% of all infections in that period. Eight have died.

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/12-18-year-olds-in-thailand-with-7-diseases-advised-to-get-pfizer-vaccine/

Logo-top-.png

I don't understand.... It seems that children are less vulnerable to the virus and they will get Pfizer.. The whole group of people between 25 and 60 have to wait for a decent vaccine or will get sinovac, what is hardly effective. But that is the group of people who have to work, has businesses and feed the economy. And these people have to wait, and wait, and wait....

Don't misunderstand me, I am aware that everybody needs a vaccine and the vulnerable too but the logic in Thailand I will never understand 

• Thanks 1

8 dead from 40000....0.02%?

Understand want to vaccinate everyone ..

But this is Thailand.

Those working age you looking to vaccinate very last are literally the economy ..

They feed the kids, and they feed the elderly in the family, bcos most gets about nothing for pension.

This ain't the social welfare state!!

I believe understanding this, and not just trying to copy obliviously trends from other ( welfare) countries, who while vaccinate kids now, they vaccinated their working age too, before get to the 12-18 group...

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Thailand’s Department of Health is recommending that those aged from 12 to 18, who are suffering from any of the seven specified underlying diseases, get inoculated with Pfizer-BioNTech mRNA vaccine due to the steady rise in COVID-19 infections among this age group

As rare as rocking horse poo.

The seven underlying diseases include obesity, chronic kidney disease, stroke, coronary artery disease, chronic respiratory disease, diabetes, cancer and genetic disorders.

I'm not saying that there may be some unfortunate kid out there who has one of these conditions, however I don't think it's going to be a particularly high number the only one that may be on the rise is obesity other than that the article could be described as scaremongering.

15 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

I don't understand.... It seems that children are less vulnerable to the virus and they will get Pfizer.. The whole group of people between 25 and 60 have to wait for a decent vaccine or will get sinovac, what is hardly effective. But that is the group of people who have to work, has businesses and feed the economy. And these people have to wait, and wait, and wait....

Don't misunderstand me, I am aware that everybody needs a vaccine and the vulnerable too but the logic in Thailand I will never understand 

It is thai first we have to except that, but we do not have to stay we can all take our pension monies to other places.

15 hours ago, tingtong said:

8 dead from 40000....0.02%?

Understand want to vaccinate everyone ..

But this is Thailand.

Those working age you looking to vaccinate very last are literally the economy ..

They feed the kids, and they feed the elderly in the family, bcos most gets about nothing for pension.

This ain't the social welfare state!!

I believe understanding this, and not just trying to copy obliviously trends from other ( welfare) countries, who while vaccinate kids now, they vaccinated their working age too, before get to the 12-18 group...

So they will vaccinate a 15 year old with the same condtion as me aged at 72 first?

Edited by Almer
Soell

21 hours ago, Scrotobike said:

There it is:

150,000 doses Pfizer

You dirty foreigner - don't you steal our children's vaccine - you can have one from the CCP which we have just ordered, mixed with the other CCP vaccine. Good enough for you.

Has nothing to do with deserving children:

The Czar and Anutin are coming up with excuses as to why they do not have the 150K Pfizer doses they sold to the Hi So's.