My short story

Pistachio

Life is often about compromise. At today's exchange rate I'm earning 235k Baht a month. If I got this salary in Thailand for sure I'd be there, but I don't so I'm not. But I believe it's worth it so we can have a better future in Thailand later. 

The grass isn't always greener.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pistachio said:

I worked as a project manager here now, and life is one round work, kids, work, kids. I got what I want before, but I do not feel fulfillment. In my dream, I would like the same job I have here, but in Thailand, with the same salary, I have now.

This is just my opinion, and I don't even have kids, but it seems like once you have them, your life should really be all about them.  Clearly your kids will have a better life in Europe, at least education and career wise (this seems to be increasing over time as well).  If it's just about missing Thailand, and you have a job and are stable, maybe just suck it up for your kids sake.  If you were in Thailand, I could understand the unknown of moving to Europe, finding somewhere to live, a stable job, etc., would be a real worry.

Maybe just be a dad for 18 years, grind it out for your kids' sakes, get a good pension, then retire/move to Thailand once the kids are old enough?

• Like 2

15 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

This is just my opinion, and I don't even have kids, but it seems like once you have them, your life should really be all about them.  Clearly your kids will have a better life in Europe, at least education and career wise (this seems to be increasing over time as well).  If it's just about missing Thailand, and you have a job and are stable, maybe just suck it up for your kids sake.  If you were in Thailand, I could understand the unknown of moving to Europe, finding somewhere to live, a stable job, etc., would be a real worry.

Maybe just be a dad for 18 years, grind it out for your kids' sakes, get a good pension, then retire/move to Thailand once the kids are old enough?

Thanks for comment!

• Like 1