Navigation SD card question

Hi guys,

So Mazda has no navigation card in thailand. that means need to find from other countries. Though other countries has no thailand map

I was wondering if this is possible:

1) to buy mazda navigation sd card from another country... format it using my car or other device... and download or update from mazda thailand website? mazda thailand website has download for navigation sd card. 

2) can i use another car navigation sd card (ford/bmw/etc.?) on mazda? format it and upload from mazda website?

3) i read somewhere, just buy a micro sd card. format it on your card and download map from car official website and.. use it. is it true? if so do i need 1TB memory card or 2TB. im sure 128 or higher would be enough

Im well aware that there are mobile apps or likewise, though i want a navigation sd card too. Mazda has option for that so i want to use it.

thanks

Edited by problemfarang

My parents have Mazda and I was installing the navigation SD card for them. The card was from Mazda, and already preconfigured. They were given a code to download one update per 6  months or maybe per year to that navigation system. Compared to Google maps it was quite inaccurate.

It does show the speed limit on that small display above the steering wheel, and it beeps when you exceed speed limit, etc. which is good but it gets data from navigation and it doesn't match reality on the road.

Eventually Android Auto app was installed into Android phone (note this will get discontinued in Android 12), where the much better version of navigation is displayed right on the screen of your Mazda. Before you spend time and money on SD card, give Android Auto a try. Might be much easier and actually better experience.

37 minutes ago, tomazbodner said:

My parents have Mazda and I was installing the navigation SD card for them. The card was from Mazda, and already preconfigured. They were given a code to download one update per 6  months or maybe per year to that navigation system. Compared to Google maps it was quite inaccurate.

It does show the speed limit on that small display above the steering wheel, and it beeps when you exceed speed limit, etc. which is good but it gets data from navigation and it doesn't match reality on the road.

Eventually Android Auto app was installed into Android phone (note this will get discontinued in Android 12), where the much better version of navigation is displayed right on the screen of your Mazda. Before you spend time and money on SD card, give Android Auto a try. Might be much easier and actually better experience.

Thnx for the answer. Usefull

Although as you might know google will end or stop android auto. 

Also if the car has a such option.. i would like to use tbh. 

52 minutes ago, problemfarang said:

Thnx for the answer. Usefull

Although as you might know google will end or stop android auto. 

Also if the car has a such option.. i would like to use tbh. 

Google only stopping Android Auto on fones.

Assistant Driving Mode is now the Go To

https://support.google.com/assistant/answer/10217503?hl=en

As always - with OEM audio systems and displays ...

Rip them out and throw them away.

Install an aftermarket head unit and touch screen.

Good to go

21 minutes ago, canthai55 said:

Google only stopping Android Auto on fones.

Assistant Driving Mode is now the Go To

https://support.google.com/assistant/answer/10217503?hl=en

As always - with OEM audio systems and displays ...

Rip them out and throw them away.

Install an aftermarket head unit and touch screen.

Good to go

so will i be able to see the map on my mazda screen with this thing?

No touch screen ?

The Google Assistant app lets you use GMaps, and the rest you can do with voice commands.

I installed a Pioneer screen, cameras F and R, mirror the fone, use the touch screen for everything. Fone never gets touched

42 minutes ago, canthai55 said:

No touch screen ?

The Google Assistant app lets you use GMaps, and the rest you can do with voice commands.

I installed a Pioneer screen, cameras F and R, mirror the fone, use the touch screen for everything. Fone never gets touched

Mazda cx30 has no touch screen