COVID-19 Vaccination Tourism

Phoenix Rising

I would like to start a thread about Covid-19 vaccination tourism. Since I'm a foreigner under 60 y/o with none of the underlying conditions that would qualify me for a vaccine at this point in time I seriously need to start looking at vaccination tourism for me and my Thai wife. Just started looking and so far have found the below link. They do offer Johnson&Johnson (single shot) vaccine so that would be a great solution.

However, it would mean I would have to get a US visa for my Thai wife and I don't know how much of a hassle that's going to be.

Please post here if you come across other vaccine destinations.

Guam Visitors Air V&V

"In collaboration with Guam’s tourism and medical partners, the Guam Visitors Bureau is proud to present Air V&V — a program for travelers interested in receiving the COVID-19 vaccine while vacationing in Guam. The Air V&V program offers visitors the administration of the vaccine (Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, or Johnson & Johnson/Janssen), COVID-19 tests as need, and digital vaccination records."

If I was your age and healthy....I'd save myself the money, time, hoop jumping and inconvenience.  Other than the boredom here in LoS, just stay home, social distance , keep the mask on and sit it out for a few more months.

I've had 1 jab already, but I wasn't concerned before getting the vaccine. I simply didn't want to die of worry. So I was careful who I met and where I went.  There's nothing to say you wouldn't be subjecting yourself to a higher risk by travelling at present.

Save your money and spend it on a good relaxing holiday when the dust settles.

Only my opinion and view.

• Thanks 1

Just now, DaLa said:

If I was your age and healthy....I'd save myself the money, time, hoop jumping and inconvenience.  Other than the boredom here in LoS, just stay home, social distance , keep the mask on and sit it out for a few more months.

I've had 1 jab already, but I wasn't concerned before getting the vaccine. I simply didn't want to die of worry. So I was careful who I met and where I went.  There's nothing to say you wouldn't be subjecting yourself to a higher risk by travelling at present.

Save your money and spend it on a good relaxing holiday when the dust settles.

Only my opinion and view.

I haven't been back to see my family for more than a year so that's my main reason for maybe going on a vaccination holiday. I could go back to my country of origin and get vaccinated but there's a long wait between the shots and I don't know if they would vaccinate my wife.

There have been a few threads here about the Guam vaccination option.

Several have first-hand experiences. For some it is an option.

1 hour ago, Phoenix Rising said:

and I don't know if they would vaccinate my wife.

They would.

Plenty of Thais have traveled to the U.S. and obtained vaccinations presenting their Thai passports.

(I see you didn't mention the U.S. so ignore that if not applicable.)

Edited by mtls2005

Don't give up on getting into a queue. I finally managed to get an AZ jab offer yesterday at Bangsue later in the week, followed an hour later by another offer for Pfizer at Bumangrad on Sunday, which was then followed a couple of hours later by another AZ offer at Bangrak, also for this week. Why I happened to get 3 offers yesterday after not hearing anything for ages was a shock to say the least. But I figure it means that the foreigners are finally cycling through. I am under 60 as well.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Aussieroaming said:

Don't give up on getting into a queue. I finally managed to get an AZ jab offer yesterday at Bangsue later in the week, followed an hour later by another offer for Pfizer at Bumangrad on Sunday, which was then followed a couple of hours later by another AZ offer at Bangrak, also for this week. Why I happened to get 3 offers yesterday after not hearing anything for ages was a shock to say the least. But I figure it means that the foreigners are finally cycling through. I am under 60 as well.

Can I ask you which sites you've used to register on? I'm also under 60 an still waiting for anything at all vaccine wise.

Edited by Phoenix Rising

try to buy off moderna from somebody, who doesn't need it already.

Also try to get moderna for next year (second generation), possible as early as January, but can be end of June.

On sunday I did register with the british chamber of commerce, they offered me AZ on friday.

Every wednesday at 10:10am sinopharm offers their registration.

Travelling out of country is out if question. For that money you can get a year of holiday somewhere in remote thailand village

2 minutes ago, Phoenix Rising said:

Can I ask you which sites you've used to register on. I'm also under 60 an still waiting for anything at all vaccine wise.

That latest expatvac site for one (about 3 or 4 weeks ago, heard nothing back after registering until yesterday, the British Chamber of Commerce for the second offer (registered only last Sunday) and the girl was helpful and was compiling future lists. Bumungrad was a direct phone call last week from my wife who explained I couldn't get registered anywhere and asked them to register me because I am 58 and 100kg and they said they would try and fit me in. We thought no chance but then got an offer. 

Good luck, the BCCT was very proactive in getting me on their list.

• Like 1