Thailand Residency via property purchase in 2021

1 minute ago, Pravda said:

I'm not confused. You buy a condo valued at 7.5 million baht and you pay 2.5 million for elite visa that costs 0.5 million baht. But it's your money.

It has nothing to do with Elite visa. Elite visa is one time fee, different story.

The news is talking about residency visa via property purchase of 10 Mil baht.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

That is the standard 10 million baht investment one year extension of stay that has been possible for many years now.

See number 5 here. https://www.immigration.go.th/en/?page_id=1890

It is not really a residency visa that is just a advertising comment. 

Joe,  I've read section 5.

I'm still unclear if there really is an investment visa for those who purchase property over 10mil thb.

I live in Pattaya, and have a non O extension, or about 5 years. 

14 minutes ago, murraynz said:

Joe,  I've read section 5.

I'm still unclear if there really is an investment visa for those who purchase property over 10mil thb.

It has to be condo purchase to qualify for the the 10 million investment for a year extension of stay (it is not a visa). If you qualified you could change the reason for your extension based upon retirement to investment.

There have been proposals to allow one for certain types of properties.

Apparently you can now get a 10 year visa if you lodge 3 million in a Thai bank the only concern with that is earlier this month the protection of monies in banks was reduced to 1 million meaning if the bank went belly up you would loose two million of your money . As far as I’m aware to get resident permit you have to go through a multitude of criteria one being speaking and writing Thai if I’m wrong I’m sue someone will mention it in further comments

7 hours ago, crazykopite said:

As far as I’m aware to get resident permit you have to go through a multitude of criteria one being speaking and writing Thai if I’m wrong I’m sue someone will mention it in further comments

The residency statement made the adverts and etc is just misleading info. You can be a resident here but that is not permanent residency.

You have to be working for 3 years and paying taxes with a work permit with a minimum salary of 80k baht to apply for permanent residency.

6 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

It has to be condo purchase to qualify for the the 10 million investment for a year extension of stay (it is not a visa). If you qualified you could change the reason for your extension based upon retirement to investment.

There have been proposals to allow one for certain types of properties.

Yes, that must have been what I read. I already have a condo, about 5.2 mill. 

But I'm looking at buying guest house. Approx 15 mill

I think the 10mill ,was only for NEW  condos bought from developer?? 

I certainly will never be buying off  developer.. 

Would the investment visa, be same deal if buying in company name? I'm main shareholder. 

7 hours ago, murraynz said:

depending on the non O application you probably can apply for a permamant resident permit. 

you not need to have the property investment that as other also try to tell you allows you to stay for a set limited time and when ask me is just like the elite visa or is the elite visa wrapped up in a nice package..

• Confused 1

40 minutes ago, Autonuaq said:

depending on the non O application you probably can apply for a permamant resident permit.

You have to be working with a work permit and paying taxes for 3 years to apply for permanent residency.

If married to and on extension of stay based upon marriage and working it would be possible.

On 8/24/2021 at 4:48 PM, Autonuaq said:

you not need to have the property investment that as other also try to tell you allows you to stay for a set limited time and when ask me is just like the elite visa or is the elite visa wrapped up in a nice package..

That's what I'm getting at.. 

I don't want Thai residency. 

I don't want marriage visa. I just want easier way to stay in Thailand long term,without having to renew visa each year.. 

I'm from NZ currently have non O. Have 800,000 in bank account. 

I just turned 70.

2 hours ago, murraynz said:

That's what I'm getting at.. 

I don't want Thai residency. 

I don't want marriage visa. I just want easier way to stay in Thailand long term,without having to renew visa each year.. 

I'm from NZ currently have non O. Have 800,000 in bank account. 

I just turned 70.

Frankly, the only easier solution than Non O retirement (money in bank) is the Thailand Elite visa. The investment visa requires you to make low quality investments while still extending each year.

According to the Bangkok Post (July 16th) new visa categories have been approved in principle (in June).   Nothing is officially out yet but it appears good moves are being made to allow some foreigners long-stay visas if they invest in land and property (or govt bonds).

According to Mr Supattanapong, the Centre for Economic Situation Administration (CESA) approved in principle on June 4 a scheme to offer long-stay visas to four groups of foreigners -- rich global citizens, wealthy retirees, rich professionals working in Thailand, and highly skilled professionals.

These groups will be entitled to a visa of up to 10 years and have the ability to own land and property.

"Rich global citizens" has no age restrictions but this group is required to invest at least US$500,000 (16.35 million baht) in government bonds, property or foreign direct investment. They must also have at least $80,000 in income over the last two years and $1 million in assets.

Meanwhile, wealthy retirees are required to be 50 or over and have an annual income of $40,000 and invest $250,000 in government bonds or real estate.

For professionals interested in working from Thailand, which includes individuals who work remotely or employees of large companies that are close to retirement, they must have $40,000 per year in income with an educational background of a master's degree or higher or rights in intellectual property and have five years experience in research.

Experts in digital services are required to work for SET-listed companies or work for at least three years in private companies which have an income of more than $50 million a year. High-skilled professionals with no age limits are required to work in target industries or academic experts in universities or state agencies.