Rollout of Pfizer vaccines to expats in Hua Hin set to begin

snoop1130

NOLAOAVXFZJJVPRJ64BGJWCHOA-648x420.jpeg

REUTERS/Dado Ruvic/Illustration

Finally some good news regarding vaccinations for expats in Hua Hin.

On Monday (Aug 23) Hua Hin Hospital said it will begin to administer doses of the Pfizer vaccine to foreigners in Hua Hin.

The vaccines will be given to people who registered via the Thai government’s Expatvac registration portal.

Discover Cigna’s range of health insurance solutions created for expats and local nationals living in Thailand - click to view

Full Story: https://www.huahintoday.com/hua-hin-news/rollout-of-pfizer-vaccines-to-set-to-begin/

huahintoday-logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Hua Hin Today 2021-08-23

I just went to the site and entered my email address. It flagged it as an invalid email, even though I checked it very carefully and tried twice.

This was on my phone. I'll try on my laptop,but I don't expect different results.

It just never ends does it?

Anybody else have better experience or same issue?

Suggestions?

10 minutes ago, RocketDog said:

I just went to the site and entered my email address. It flagged it as an invalid email, even though I checked it very carefully and tried twice.

This was on my phone. I'll try on my laptop,but I don't expect different results.

Suggestions?

When I had this problem I had to put email address in manually do NOT use auto fill, it then accepted it. 

4 minutes ago, mickyr55 said:

When I had this problem I had to put email address in manually do NOT use auto fill, it then accepted it. 

Thanks.

I typed it by hand, all caps, and checked it carefully before clicking 'next'. I've also noticed that my phone keyboard will insert a space after the 'period' but also checked that carefully using the arrow keys to scroll each character. No joy.

I'll give it another go on my laptop. If it fails again I'll use my Gmail address so any info will be available to the whole world, for a price of course.

Edited by RocketDog
Typo

Well I registered on Expatvac website 10 days ago (Aug 14) and received registration confirmation by email the same day.  Home address in Hua Hin but no email yet from Hua Hin Hospital.  I won't hold my breath and will believe they are actually administering Pfizer vaccine if and when I see it.  And yes I checked my spam folder.

2 hours ago, RocketDog said:

Suggestions?

I registered and live in Koh Samui, other than acknowledging my registration I have heard nothing? Was this the same for you?

• Like 1

I am registered for expatvac. Not received appointment yet. 

Confused since pre requisite stated that no jabs had been received to date for registration. 

Today huahin hospital is giving 1 sinopharm 2 pfizer.   What's happening?  I only want pfizer. 

1 hour ago, Isaan sailor said:

Willing to bet, Isaan expats will be dead last for the Pfizer shots.  Any takers?

1 hour ago, Isaan sailor said:

Willing to bet, Isaan expats will be dead last for the Pfizer shots.  Any takers?

Update on my previous post:

My confirmed 1st Pfizer is 25 Aug in Udon Thani.

• Like 2

I was logged on to the expatvac site over a week ago 

Received a phone call at about 1000hrs Monday 23rd August

Report to the Ruam Phaet private hospital  here in Chai Nat 

Arrive 1400hrs Pfizer vaccine at 1500hrs 

There was 6 of us Westerners booked in passport check plus weigh in temperature check 

Then upstairs Blood pressure taken signed the Hospital paperwork 

Then received the Pfiser vaccine  

Waited 30 minutes the head Nurse briefed us any after  reactions let them know phone number given

After the 30 minutes a other blood pressure check  if okay given the  next appointment paperwork for the second vaccine 20th September 2021

The system in the hospital was very professionally run a quality service 

A big thank you to all involved from the registration to the nursing staff in the hospital carrying out the  vaccination 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JKfarang said:

Well I registered on Expatvac website 10 days ago (Aug 14) and received registration confirmation by email the same day.  Home address in Hua Hin but no email yet from Hua Hin Hospital.  I won't hold my breath and will believe they are actually administering Pfizer vaccine if and when I see it.  And yes I checked my spam folder.

For info BPH has been giving expats a choice of AZ or Pfizer so I don't see why this is not possible in HH

3 hours ago, JKfarang said:

See if you can register directly with HHH to fet an appointment.

4 hours ago, portly said:

I am registered for expatvac. Not received appointment yet. 

Confused since pre requisite stated that no jabs had been received to date for registration. 

Today huahin hospital is giving 1 sinopharm 2 pfizer.   What's happening?  I only want pfizer. 

Sinopharm is only for people who registered via the municipality, or whose companies who have paid for it.

Pfizer only for expats who have registered via the expatvac website.

Screenshot_2021_0824_154128.png

Edited by GroveHillWanderer

8 hours ago, RocketDog said:

Suggestions?

Strange. I registered on the first day the expat program started. Not hearing anything after the initial notice that I was successfully registered I figured another SNAFU, until last friday when I got a notice to report today (tuesday) to Samur Prakarn hospital, with passport.

Thanks to my wife. Mob scene, and with my limited Thai might not have been successful, but now "jabbed" with a follow up appointment for #2 in two weeks.

Which email provider do you use? I had increasing trouble with my "hotmail" account, with it not accepted for some reason. My "outlook" email worked fine on the registration site. It might be worth signing up for that. It's free.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, paul1804 said:

I registered and live in Koh Samui, other than acknowledging my registration I have heard nothing? Was this the same for you?

No. As I said, I never completed the registration. My email address was flagged as invalid. Haven't tried again with different email yet.

Just now, Kwaibill said:

Strange. I registered on the first day the expat program started. Not hearing anything after the initial notice that I was successfully registered I figured another SNAFU, until last friday when I got a notice to report today (tuesday) to Samur Prakarn hospital, with passport.

Thanks to my wife. Mob scene, and with my limited Thai might not have been successful, but now "jabbed" with a follow up appointment for #2 in two weeks.

Which email provider do you use? I had increasing trouble with my "hotmail" account, with it not accepted for some reason. My "outlook" email worked fine on the registration site. It might be worth signing up for that. It's free.

Great news. Did you get Pfizer, as promised? I'll try again with Gmail.

Two weeks between jabs? Hmm. I thought it was longer. Will the second shot be Pfizer too?

I don't use Gmail much now since I moved most of my accounts to ProtonMail, a very secure email client in Switzerland. I don't like the way Gmail monitors and records all the email content.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, paul1804 said:

I ŕegistered the first day the site opened. Same deal until friday when I got a message to report to my provincial, Samut Prakarn, hospital, with passport, at 8:00 to get Pfizer.

Huge crowds there! Without my darling wife, with my limited Thai it would not have worked.

Jabbed and #2 in two weeks.

14 minutes ago, RocketDog said:

Great news. Did you get Pfizer, as promised? I'll try again with Gmail.

Two weeks between jabs? Hmm. I thought it was longer. Will the second shot be Pfizer too?

I don't use Gmail much now since I moved most of my accounts to ProtonMail, a very secure email client in Switzerland. I don't like the way Gmail monitors and records all the email content.

Yes, Pfizer.

Two weeks was the initial CDC minimum reccomendation, if I recall. Eight weeks found to be best, subsequently, but that probably has not "filtered through" yet, and the push now is to get as many "fully" vaxxed as possible. The death numbers don't look good in the news. Appearances rule in Asia.

Yes, Pfizer for #2, also.

I will take a Moderna in November as well, as my wife already paid for that at the local private hospital, and I am at risk, immunocompromised, etc. Fits with current thoughts of the boffins for immune deficients.

Edited by Kwaibill
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, RocketDog said:

Thanks.

I typed it by hand, all caps, and checked it carefully before clicking 'next'. I've also noticed that my phone keyboard will insert a space after the 'period' but also checked that carefully using the arrow keys to scroll each character. No joy.

I'll give it another go on my laptop. If it fails again I'll use my Gmail address so any info will be available to the whole world, for a price of course.

Update: same afternoon

I tried the expatvac link again, this time using a Gmail.com email address. Accepted with no problem.

Rest of the process was clear and simple, EXCEPT entering my birth date. The calendar widget is the only way to do it. So I had to scroll through 12 months for 71 years to get to my birth date!! That alone took over 5 minutes of constant mouse clicking.

Finally had to upload passport and visa files. I made each a PDF and instead of using the "browse" method of selecting files I highlighted both files using CTRL-Left click, and dragged and dropped them into the appropriate file box on the registration tab.

Then got a confirmation screen followed by a confirmation email, telling me to wait.

I live in Huahin, so we'll see what happens. Fingers crossed. I had resigned myself to waiting until December of later for Moderna or Pfizer. Would love to get Pfizer soon though.