Thailand to receive 61 million doses of AstraZeneca vaccine this year

snoop1130

...Thailand will buy an additional 60 million doses of the AstraZeneca vaccine next year, Anucha added...

Sounds good. I only wounder, because yesterday the DDC said it would be 50 Million AZ for next year.

10 Millions more or less? Unfortunately, this does not reflect exact order planning. Perhaps the high-ranking gentlemen should coordinate there figures, before contradicting figures are presented to the population. 

Department of Disease Control Department (DDC) Director-General Dr Opas Karnkawinpong said on Saturday that the Centre for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) has approved the provision of 120 million doses of vaccines for next year from various producers, including 50 million from AstraZeneca and 50 million from Pfizer.

On 8/23/2021 at 8:34 PM, ThailandRyan said:

Still scratching my head on this statement.  3 to 6 million a month.  4 months left and at the best 24 million doses to come still at the lowest 12 million doses.  How many have been delivered YTD so far from wither loans (Bhutan) donations (Japan), or sent from the UK by AZ itself.  Not sure how they can claim 61 million doses to be received by years end.

Not to mention 61 million doses is 30.5 mil two-dose vaccinations.

14 hours ago, steven100 said:

As I said .....  Khun Prayut Chan O Cha would come in and clean things up again ......   and I was right on the mark  !!

Good work by the PM in getting these vaccines earlier.  

"earlier"? It's actually late, compared. If only the PM joined the world vaccine program, this wouldn't be happening. You seem to ignore his mistakes, but you are first in line to praise him. Interesting...

• Like 1

On 8/24/2021 at 2:24 PM, SantiSuk said:

'Shocking new study'  ........  by an individual condemned by NY Times as "The Most Influential Spreader of Coronavirus Misinformation Online".

Read both and form your own view.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/24/technology/joseph-mercola-coronavirus-misinformation-online.html

And the New York times is totally trustworthy. LM<deleted>AO

• Haha 1

Simple semantics.

'Thailand to solve traffic issues this year' means pretty much the same thing.

'Police stopping vehicles for billowing smoke' with a picture of 20 smartly presented officers, one measuring the tailpipe of a truck.

'We will never have another coup'.

Not 'fake' news if it's posed and presented by the Thai Authorities.

It's only fake when you tell the truth.