Is Proof of COVID Antibodies enough to grant Vaccine Exemption?

Steps

Hi all,

I am posting this here as this post could go in jobs/employment in Thailand or Health and medicine.

I have a potential job opportunity here in Thailand in a location that requires proof of vaccination (not sure if negative tests will suffice to allow entry into the province). My questions is, will proof of antibodies from COVID 19 allow an exemption for the vaccine? 

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...

In rules based regimes with consistent national policies an answer may be possible.

I am sorry I cannot answer your question but many years of experience here leads me to suggest you check directly and even then it maay depend on the day, mood of person you deal with. I realize this is little help and wish you every success with your career. If I was of working age I think I would work outside Thailand as I did , just spend my money here. You may well find money fixes all?

Good luck

• Thanks 1

I think only phuket requires jabs (because of sandbox).

contact your employer, health authorities in that province, ministry or consulate (if abroad).

The best would be to have those vax. In thailand vax is offered 3 months after infection. If you had longer then that, most probably you need jab.

At some stage your employer might require the same (for protection of the other employees and clients)

• Like 1

On 8/25/2021 at 11:13 AM, Steps said:

My questions is, will proof of antibodies from COVID 19 allow an exemption for the vaccine? 

So you have had Covid 19 in the past? 

If not, I do not believe you can have antibodies.

They do have antibody testing here in Pattaya for 1000 baht

• Thanks 1