COE Application from London

Ready to apply for COE from UK. Am on Retirement Extension (O) valid till 5 December 2021. I presume I just need to upload my passport main page, visa extension till 5 December 2021 page and Re-entry permit obtained before leaving. Is there a need to upload all previous years extensions received as well first Retirement O visa taken from UK on first entry before extensions received  ?

Secondly tried to check Covid-19  Insurance premium for 90 days ( looking to travel end of September 2021). WWW.lumahealth.com is showing premium of 7400 THB where as www. tipinsurance.com via Thai embassy is showing premium of 12160 THB . I presume Luma Health cover would be enough to satisfy COE. Requesting knowledgeable friends to check confirm on both above issues. Many thanks in advance.

You only need to upload your passport photo pagem, extension stamp and re-entry permit stamp.

The Lumana insurance would be accepted if it meets $100,000 coverage. You need to check that they will pay for a non symptomatic infection treatment at a hospital.

49 minutes ago, John9 said:

Ready to apply for COE from UK. Am on Retirement Extension (O) valid till 5 December 2021. I presume I just need to upload my passport main page, visa extension till 5 December 2021 page and Re-entry permit obtained before leaving. Is there a need to upload all previous years extensions received as well first Retirement O visa taken from UK on first entry before extensions received  ?

Passport ID Page

Extension Permit (Stamp)

Re-Entry Permit (stamp)

No need for previous years. 

49 minutes ago, John9 said:

Secondly tried to check Covid-19  Insurance premium for 90 days ( looking to travel end of September 2021). WWW.lumahealth.com is showing premium of 7400 THB where as www. tipinsurance.com via Thai embassy is showing premium of 12160 THB . I presume Luma Health cover would be enough to satisfy COE. Requesting knowledgeable friends to check confirm on both above issues. Many thanks in advance.

You need a 1 page Certificate of Insurance which states something along the lines of “Cover of up to US$100,000 (or currency equivalent) for Covid-19 and related illnesses"

Do not post the whole policy - only the certificate is needed.

LUMA have issued loads of such certificates - they should know what you need. 

1 hour ago, roquefort said:
14 hours ago, BritTim said:

As from Monday, Thailand is on the UK government's red list. Make sure this does not impact your Covid insurance.

Why would it? Covid insurance is issued in Thailand.

Health Insurance is issued anywhere, not just Thailand. 

Any insurance, from any country which can provide a Certificate which states something along the lines of “Cover of up to US$100,000 (or currency equivalent) for Covid-19 and related illnesses” will do.

That can be issued anywhere.... 

Some Travel Insurance companies have also proved such a certificate of Cover for entry to Thailand. 

As such, now that Thailand is on the UK Red list any travel insurance which also covers health may now be void if before the trip has commenced the travel advisory is issued. 

• Thanks 1

I am intending to fly to Thailand and have return ticket I also have retirement extension . I see from website there are many requirements  and I dont fully understand. It doesnt actually give retirement extension option only N0n 0 when applying.  It also asks for vaccination certificate with passport numb. , this isnt issued by NHS (passport number).  How can we submit a PCR covid  test result  dated 3 days before a flight when we are applying weeks in advance? with regard to the booking of ASQ and insurance, where is the approved list . particulary of the quarantine hotels we have to choose.

Edited by pixelaoffy