Forwarding ticket...?

Left LOS in May for the States on a round-trip ticket.

Have a return ticket from LAX to BKK in September.

Have a current retirement extension valid through next March.

Have a re-entry permit.

Based on that, will I get in? Or do I need a forwarding flight?

You aren't going to like this... but you have a lot of research to do and expenses to incur...

... AND you will need to keep track of any and all policy changes that the Thai gov may or may not enact between now and the time of your fight which may change the COE requirements (and/or various SANDBOX requirements which may pop up in the same timeframe)...

https://www.thaiembassy.com/thailand-visa/coe-thailand

FYI: a word of advice... It does not matter what any Government official (or other talking head) floats up to the media.. nor does it matter what 'rumors' you see here or any other foreign media/chat forum/social media/etc...  Only, that which gets published in the Royal Gazette counts as law in Thailand... (and thus becomes a requirement or relaxing of requirements)...

Good luck...

Edited by Saddic

No problem to get in and no forwarding ticket required assuming you have a re-entry permit. You will have to quarantine (at your own expense) in an approved facility for 14-15 days and will not be allowed out of your room for that duration.

You need to get a COE, apply through  https://coethailand.mfa.go.th/

(ignore link in post above as it is to an unofficial site)

For COE you will need:

1 - proof of insurance that covers COVID in Thailand for at least $100k  (if you have a general insurance policy you need a specific letter from the insurer to this effect, they will nto wade through a policy document to figure it out).

2 - proof of booking at an ASQ hotel  (you do nto need this until the second stage, you can do the pre-approval without it). Payment of just the initial deposit will suffice with many hotels to get the needed booking confirmation.

3 - uploadable picture of passport face page and re-entry permit  page

4 - copy of airticket (also not until the COE confirmation phase)

I just did all this myself (also with re-entry permit based on extension of stay for retirement). In my case it was extremely easy but if you have to use the LA Consulate there are reports that they take a long time/may be less efficient thank others. (I used NY Consulate)

• Like 1