Schools to reopen?

brewsterbudgen

I agree… this IS good news… I think the fact that it’s now in the Royal Gazette means an important first step is now done - getting it “legal” so-to-speak… and the next major step is for the larger MoE to issue some kind of national guidance… followed by provincial and local level interpretation/implementation…. 

if you ask me, if you’re talking about government schools, a 01 November date seems logical as that is the beginning of 2nd term and also allows more than enough time to get all the steps done in order to reopen (get national and provincial guidance, then implement said guidance).

the other BIG part is what about vaccination for students… i recall reading and seeing more and more school-aged persons being given their first jab… so i think by setting a 01 November target, you also allow time to get as many of the students first jabbed as well. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I would think the kids has been out long enough!  I wonder why in the epidemic center Bangkok schools are opened? yet majority outside aren't in general many in the government schools don't even have the necessary technology to do online studies. If my daughter in-law brother is an example before the pandemic he was stupid I can only imagine after a year what he would be like if his sister wasn't on his case each day tutoring him. We were at the beach yesterday the topic of her brother came up ( 12 years old ) said he was old enough to be on his own I joked get ready in a year for those late night calls from your mother save your money you will need it. Everyone around laugh and smile agreeing " same " .

Open the schools Oct 1st,  why wait until the new term there is lots of making up to do!

2 hours ago, new2here said:

I agree… this IS good news… I think the fact that it’s now in the Royal Gazette means an important first step is now done - getting it “legal” so-to-speak… and the next major step is for the larger MoE to issue some kind of national guidance… followed by provincial and local level interpretation/implementation…. 

if you ask me, if you’re talking about government schools, a 01 November date seems logical as that is the beginning of 2nd term and also allows more than enough time to get all the steps done in order to reopen (get national and provincial guidance, then implement said guidance).

the other BIG part is what about vaccination for students… i recall reading and seeing more and more school-aged persons being given their first jab… so i think by setting a 01 November target, you also allow time to get as many of the students first jabbed as well. 

I agree completely with reopening Thai schools, both government and private at the beginning of the second semester.  These schools only have about three to four weeks left in the current semester.  Let them finish that and then get as many of the secondary students - those in their teens- - vaccinated as possible, but NOT with the ineffective Sinovac.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

I would think the kids has been out long enough!  I wonder why in the epidemic center Bangkok schools are opened? yet majority outside aren't in general many in the government schools don't even have the necessary technology to do online studies. If my daughter in-law brother is an example before the pandemic he was stupid I can only imagine after a year what he would be like if his sister wasn't on his case each day tutoring him. We were at the beach yesterday the topic of her brother came up ( 12 years old ) said he was old enough to be on his own I joked get ready in a year for those late night calls from your mother save your money you will need it. Everyone around laugh and smile agreeing " same " .

Open the schools Oct 1st,  why wait until the new term there is lots of making up to do!

Unfortunately schools in Bangkok have not reopened yet.

I was at my son's school this morning picking up some books and the headmaster told me in person school would resume at the start of the next semester which is Nov 1st at his school. He said all teachers had been double vaccinated (didn't ask which). And that they would encourage parents to get their kids vaccinated with Moderna as it becomes available. Private school in Udon Thani FWIW