No need to be vaccinated to use restaurants: Bangkok governor

webfact

4 hours ago, EricTh said:

What the heck. I was going to figure out where to apply for the green card. lol

The government really should make up their mind before announcing any policies.

Before you can make up your mind, you need to have one......

1 hour ago, geisha said:

But still not an alcoholic drink with your meal?Even in a good hotel for example ? Phuket being “dry”is in the news in EU, ( apart from some south end bars) this will stop,any future tourists,  really very archaic rules. Question is why ?

All the 'restaurants' near us in BKK will serve at least beer, usually in Coke cans or plastic tumblers.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Almer said:

C'mon governor you can do better than that, my wife can have a face over and 2 hour hair do, but i cant have a face down back massage.

the governor knows you: Not too long and you will change your "face down" position drastically !!!

Question: How would this have worked for foreigners vaccinated outside of Thailand anyway?

So if I have a proof-of-vaccine card from the USA -- what happens? 

Would I somehow need to show that card to some authority in Thailand and get a local vaccine app / card or some other local proof?

Or would I show a foreign proof-of-vaccination here in local restaurants? 

Edited by Senechal

21 minutes ago, TwoCents said:

The beer flu is just that. It's a nasty case of the flu with a 99.41% survival rate unless your over 70. The vaccines are untested, experimental, ineffective and dangerous for human consumption. The unnecessary lockdowns and other draconian measures are not to protect anyone's health. If you think they are, you are completely missing the bigger picture. It's high time this power grab and zest for totalitarian control gets stamped out like a cockroach infestation. We don't need to wait another two months, the data is clear now. 

Are you a doctor, or scientist? You are probably not, so better <deleted>. You are spreading misinformation.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

18 minutes ago, TwoCents said:

Yes it is. Thailand is going to prove to be an early adopter of a more sensible approach. Following Denmark's lead is the best thing I have heard in a year and a half.

Yep, I agree Denmark did follow an extremely sensible course of action.

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 1

Posts commenting on moderation has been removed. 

10) Do not comment on moderation publicly in the open forum; this includes individual actions, and specific or general policies and issues. This also includes posting a negative emoticon in response to a public notice made by a moderator. 

You may send a PM to a moderator to discuss individual actions or email support (at) ASEANNOW.com to discuss moderation policy.

Edited by metisdead

What this underlines is that, even with these partial lifting of restrictions, Thailand in general and Bangkok in particular will remain off the must-go-to list for tourists, Even when Thailand is removed from the red zone, which might be months away. In many, many countries the citizens there have just spent a year enduring dining and social restrictions. They most certainly will not, while their countries are now opening up to normality, come to a country to suffer Groundhog Day, with screens between diners in restaurants and 8pm closing.

• Like 2

The Governor can override the Government? Cool..

Mind you, it's all very well him saying that everyone and his wife can go to a restaurant as of 01 Sep, and staff don't have to take tests any more....but you are not the restaurant owner, whose staff are now more at risk and no longer need to find out....T'were me, I would refuse any staff not vaccinated and refuse any customer not vaccinated. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Drees said:

Sorry but I listen to doctors and scientists and not to people who write something on some forum, or facebook. 

Oh yeah, all those doctors and scientists that back the WHO etc or else loose their jobs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, georgey said:

Ridiculous to do away with the ATK tests for restaurant staff. The test kits should be provided to the restaurants by the govt either free or at cost; this would be a practical way of significantly increasing customer safety.

If customers are afraid they can stay home. No one is holding a gun to their heads to force them to go eat out. 

• Thanks 1