No need to be vaccinated to use restaurants: Bangkok governor

webfact

1 minute ago, Almer said:

I think we all agree this will end in tears.

Don't be ridiculous, of course we don't agree.

Living with Covid is the only way forward and I didn't read of many Cases coming out of normal restaurants..... by normal I don't mean where they have groups of a dozen Thais all double dipping and sharing glasses etc...

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

Don't be ridiculous, of course we don't agree.

Living with Covid is the only way forward and I didn't read of many Cases coming out of normal restaurants..... by normal I don't mean where they have groups of a dozen Thais all double dipping and sharing glasses etc...

Wait and see the restrictions put back in within 4 weeks as numbers go up again.

the news media is finally losing its grip on this corvid bs but it has taken a year and a half better late than never, but the worst is yet to come the herd nurds will take a lot of retraining, now the rush to mars can slow down, give them time to find out if the van Allen belt really will kill any human that tries to go through it, might be back to the rats and mice for a check first

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, johnarth said:

the news media is finally losing its grip on this corvid bs but it has taken a year and a half better late than never, but the worst is yet to come the herd nurds will take a lot of retraining, now the rush to mars can slow down, give them time to find out if the van Allen belt really will kill any human that tries to go through it, might be back to the rats and mice for a check first

It's really early. When did you start drinking?

• Like 1

On 8/30/2021 at 10:41 AM, KhonKaenAde said:

Flip flop time, this makes less sense than the decisions made by the CCSA, hahaha at least it’s easier to implement and fortunately removes the blame on restauranteurs should infection rates soar again

The school near where I live has been closed for 5 months, the children are at home doing on line learning, yet one of the teachers informed me that 25% of the students had contracted covid while at home.

• Like 1

Just now, Ginner said:

The school near where I live has been closed for 5 months, the children are at home doing on line learning, yet one of the teachers informed me that 25% of the students had contracted covid while at home. They hadn't had one case of a student contracting covid while in school. Makes you think.

2 hours ago, hotandsticky said:

Absolutely wrong; you have no idea where the bilk of cases emanate from.

There was no discernible rise in cases last time restaurants were fully operational. In my area I was eating (and drinking) in restaurants/quasi bars with restaurant licenses throughout March to July........ no Covid cases were reported.

YOU don't have to go out - it is not compulsory, stay at home and hunker down and don't forget to wear your foil hat. Life needs to find a level of normality and this, along with initiatives like the Phuket Sandbox are logical steps in that process.

Are you in Bangkok or in the sticks

2 hours ago, hotandsticky said:

Absolutely wrong; you have no idea where the bilk of cases emanate from.

There was no discernible rise in cases last time restaurants were fully operational. In my area I was eating (and drinking) in restaurants/quasi bars with restaurant licenses throughout March to July........ no Covid cases were reported.

YOU don't have to go out - it is not compulsory, stay at home and hunker down and don't forget to wear your foil hat. Life needs to find a level of normality and this, along with initiatives like the Phuket Sandbox are logical steps in that process.

To be fair there was a sharp rise in covid cases mid-July after the delta variant had taken sometime to get a foothold (mid-May onwards).

Prior to that I assume the alpha variant was kept at bay by the steps introduced and we got away with it.

It is certainly a huge risk the government are taking in health terms (ignoring the economic and other problems).

There is no going back now, less than 10% fully vaccinated and the delta variant well and truly installed.

9 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

To be fair there was a sharp rise in covid cases mid-July after the delta variant had taken sometime to get a foothold (mid-May onwards).

Prior to that I assume the alpha variant was kept at bay by the steps introduced and we got away with it.

It is certainly a huge risk the government are taking in health terms (ignoring the economic and other problems).

There is no going back now, less than 10% fully vaccinated and the delta variant well and truly installed.

I agree with you........................... except that the vaccination comment probably understates the ongoing picture - .... with 31.5m doses administered the 10.6% 'fully vaccinated' will increase quite quickly.

https://covidvax.live/en/location/tha

12 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

I agree with you........................... except that the vaccination comment probably understates the ongoing picture - .... with 31.5m doses administered the 10.6% 'fully vaccinated' will increase quite quickly.

https://covidvax.live/en/location/tha

I certainly hope so, bearing in mind a proportion of that 10.6% will be two lots of Sinovac and they will need a third jab of something else.

Fingers crossed.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, DjSilver said:

When will these ridiculous Thai officials learn that what ever they come up with is no good. Look how Sweden has done and is doing and copy that. Hardly any restrictions and all has been well. OPEN THAILAND NOW AND SKIP EVEN MORE RIDICULOUS FACE MASKS.

Deport people who don't want to be vaccinated or wear a facemask.

2 hours ago, DjSilver said:

let me guess that you are an uneducated baboon?

I have been to university and still study work related subjects, work as a manager for a multinational.

What about you? The first problem you have is that you guess to much and don't try to find out the facts.

Edited by FritsSikkink

On 9/2/2021 at 10:24 AM, FritsSikkink said:

I have been to university and still study work related subjects, work as a manager for a multinational.

What about you? The first problem you have is that you guess to much and don't try to find out the facts.

Oh, you went to McDonalds university and work as a manager at a McDonalds restaurant. Since that was what you wrote. My self, I work as a lawyer with a law degree (LLM in fact) so I believe I'm a lot better than you. So please to what a subject is intended to do and crawl at my feet ????