I know what #1 & 2 are, what is #3?

From the Thai Embassy website for returning to LOS through an ASQ:

• Applicant shows (1) Certificate of Entry (COE), (2) Medical certificate attesting that the traveler is free from COVID-19, using RT-PCR method, issued no more than 72 hours before travelling, and (3) relevant documents prescribed in Guidelines based on Regulations issued under Section 9 of the emergency Decree on Public Administration in Emergency Situation B.E.2548 (2005) (No.7) to Airline Officials and officials at point of Entry, otherwise might be rejected to enter the Kingdom

I give up, what are the documents #3 refers to? I could assume, but.....

8 minutes ago, Leveraged said:

It reads like a list of whats needed in hand to actually travel to Thailand. 

You have to have a COE to enter Thailand. 

The airlines are not interested in the list to get a COE. The will only want to see the covid 19 tests and the COE.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The airlines are not interested in the list to get a COE. The will only want to see the covid 19 tests and the COE.

That is incorrect, Joe. I had to show ALL documents (COE, Tests, health-insurance letter, ASQ booking and so on) 5 times during my return from Zurich to BKK, twice in Switzerland
- first time checking in my bag and getting the boarding pass
- second time before boarding to get a stamp from the airline on my boarding pass

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Actually they are what is needed to apply for a certificate of entry (COE).

That's what I thought. Which is the ASQ and the "retirement" visa I already have....

Edited by HeijoshinCool

35 minutes ago, Leveraged said:

They wanted to see the whole stack including the insurance and ASQ booking confirmation every time I went through. 

30 minutes ago, Swiss1960 said:

That is incorrect, Joe. I had to show ALL documents (COE, Tests, health-insurance letter, ASQ booking and so on) 5 times during my return from Zurich to BKK, twice in Switzerland

You both must be flying with different airlines than others that have reported about their trips to here.

Edit: The IATA only lists a few requirements but the list for Thailand is long since it list the various countries that can enter. Here are a couple of them. And now the sandboxes.

image.png.87b2b403a5459277ac06493abb73176d.png

image.png.b092453a884ead469303f2cf326e2b64.png

Click Thailand on this map for the IATA info. https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/world.php

Edited by ubonjoe

27 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Yes.

But if I remember correctly, upon arrival at Old Swampy, they also wanted to see the ASQ booking.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HeijoshinCool said:

That's what I thought. Which is the ASQ and visa....

There is bit more than that to apply for a COE dependent upon the category you are entering on.

Marriage certificate, insurance other than the covid 19 insurance and etc are a few of them for certain categories.

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

There is bit more than that to apply for a COE dependent upon the category you are entering on.

Marriage certificate, insurance other than the covid 19 insurance and etc are a few of them for certain categories.

Insurance applies for me, but already have my visa and reentry permit....

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You both must be flying with different airlines than others that have reported about their trips to here.

The check-in has nothing to do with the airline, that is airport ground handling. The lady checked an her screen, which documents I need for traveling and asked me to show each single one to her. I asked and she told me that they have this list by country, independent of the airline. 
After that, the checks before boarding were also done by ground handling staff, NOT airline staff, with the list of required documents for that flight on a piece of paper that they crosschecked. The flight btw was a code-share Swiss/Thai.

Just can't imagine airlines to fly passengers without checking required documents, as they would be liable for the return of that passenger in case of non-clearance by health authorities or immigration...

10 minutes ago, HeijoshinCool said:

Yes.

But if I remember correctly, upon arrival at Old Swampy, they also wanted to see the ASQ booking.

In BKK, they want to see EVERYTHING... COE, insurance document, boarding pass, PCR-test, ASQ-booking, VISA or re-entry permit, app installed on phone... then they produce one more document, which you will have to show (together with all documents) to the senior officer desk of the health authority to get your first stamp, then you proceed to a special immigration desk, where you also have to show all documents, get another stamp, THEN you proceed to immigration to get your immigration stamp, then you pick up your luggage and present ALL documents to the health official who will bring you to your ASQ-transport, and the final check of everything is by the nurse in the ASQ hotel. 

The only document NOBODY was interested in was the vaccination certificate... except for Phuket, that seems to be completely irrelevant.

Boarding Pass is in red color, because it is the FIRST time ever I had to show this one. Lucky for me that I did not throw it into the garbage on the plain, as I normally do. Don't have anything on your mobile phone (except for the app), they want to see paper.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Swiss1960 said:

- first time checking in my bag and getting the boarding pass
- second time before boarding to get a stamp from the airline on my boarding pass

My experience was a completely different one, also in Zurich, end of June 2021. The guy checking my documents saw the retirement extension stamp in my passport, and said: "If you are residing in Thailand, you know better than me what you need", and off I was. Matter of 20 seconds.....

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Swiss1960 said:

The check-in has nothing to do with the airline, that is airport ground handling. The lady checked an her screen, which documents I need for traveling and asked me to show each single one to her. I asked and she told me that they have this list by country, independent of the airline. 
After that, the checks before boarding were also done by ground handling staff, NOT airline staff, with the list of required documents for that flight on a piece of paper that they crosschecked. The flight btw was a code-share Swiss/Thai.

Just can't imagine airlines to fly passengers without checking required documents, as they would be liable for the return of that passenger in case of non-clearance by health authorities or immigration...

I fail to understand why those that have never done anything always want to challenge reality. Necessity is the mother of learning but experience is the father, and like most things in life there is no handbook.

On arrival in the UK I walked straight through an E gate while hundreds queued at the desks, a bit of good fortune can create a completely different experience.

7 hours ago, Swiss1960 said:

In BKK, they want to see EVERYTHING... COE, insurance document, boarding pass, PCR-test, ASQ-booking, VISA or re-entry permit, app installed on phone... then they produce one more document, which you will have to show (together with all documents) to the senior officer desk of the health authority to get your first stamp, then you proceed to a special immigration desk, where you also have to show all documents, get another stamp, THEN you proceed to immigration to get your immigration stamp, then you pick up your luggage and present ALL documents to the health official who will bring you to your ASQ-transport, and the final check of everything is by the nurse in the ASQ hotel. 

The only document NOBODY was interested in was the vaccination certificate... except for Phuket, that seems to be completely irrelevant.

Boarding Pass is in red color, because it is the FIRST time ever I had to show this one. Lucky for me that I did not throw it into the garbage on the plain, as I normally do. Don't have anything on your mobile phone (except for the app), they want to see paper.

Very useful - thanks for sharing.

Just one small query to ensure I've got this - at the first check after showing all of the docs including Boarding Pass, they will then give you a further document which you then take to the senior officer desk of the health authority & go through your documents plus this new one again.

Is that correct? Thanks for clarifying.

7 minutes ago, Carrbhoy said:

Very useful - thanks for sharing.

Just one small query to ensure I've got this - at the first check after showing all of the docs including Boarding Pass, they will then give you a further document which you then take to the senior officer desk of the health authority & go through your documents plus this new one again.

Is that correct? Thanks for clarifying.

Correct. Same as everywhere in Thailand, be this banks or immigration... first officer checks everything, produces more paper, then senior officer checks again and stamps/verifies the doc/signature of the first officer.

1 minute ago, Swiss1960 said:

Correct. Same as everywhere in Thailand, be this banks or immigration... first officer checks everything, produces more paper, then senior officer checks again and stamps/verifies the doc/signature of the first officer.

Thanks for confirming.

Relax, deep breathes, expect delays and an inefficent process & I won't be disappointed at the end of it! I suppose on this occassion, it just reduces the number of hours on ASQ Day 0 that I spend alone in my room! Once I get through travelling / ASQ, the banks & immigration will be once every few months. Deal with those joys in due course.

On 8/31/2021 at 12:14 PM, Carrbhoy said:

Thanks for confirming.

Relax, deep breathes, expect delays and an inefficent process & I won't be disappointed at the end of it! I suppose on this occassion, it just reduces the number of hours on ASQ Day 0 that I spend alone in my room! Once I get through travelling / ASQ, the banks & immigration will be once every few months. Deal with those joys in due course.

It is really well organised at the airport. Depending on how many planes are in, 1st time I did it I was through in 20 minutes, 2nd time 1½hrs.

• Like 1