Recent wait times for final interview for U.S. marriage visa?

We submitted the final documents for wife's marriage visa to the U.S. 15 days ago. Haven't heard anything from the embassy. Anyone have recent experience who can report wait time from final document submission to notice of scheduling final interview? 

37 minutes ago, onekoolguy said:

My friends GF has been waiting many months? I think its pretty slow right now? You can check the embassy web page for current wait times.

I looked all around the embassy web page and couldn't find any place where they note wait times. Did you see that there somewhere?

JCP108, you asked for recent news. I cannot provide recent.

About 25 years ago I filed a petition for my wife (I-551) "green card". Got a form letter back saying it took from 300-330 days to take action on this kind of petition. To speed it up we wrote a congressmen who assigned an aide to our case. Still took 5-6 months to get the document package in our hands in Bangkok. Interview can't answer specifics - took about two hours with wait time included. Interview was in Thai - they (the USA embassy) was more concerned that I was not being paid to get her USA citizenship. Also I as not part of a human trafficking ring. Congressman added legitimacy to the above board marriage.  

Recently contacted an immigration attorney in the USA, we live in Bangkok on retirement status. Male American, female Thai (Prior green card holder). We spent 23-24 years in the USA.

This is his reply:

"Subject: Re: July 7, 2021 

However, it will take at least 1 year before she will get an interview with the embassy at Bangkok for her new green card.

The initial fee is $1600. And there will be visa fees ($120+$325 6 months later +$220 1 year later). 

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Write your congressman, she has to get a physical (two days) translate all documents (Thai and English) do NOT lie, you will be caught. 

Remember, time passes. Slowly for some, faster for others. Slow when you're the focus. 

Good things happen to good people.

10 hours ago, The Man Who Sold the World said:

JCP108, you asked for recent news. I cannot provide recent.

Thanks for sharing. I think what I need to hear is from someone in the fiance or marriage visa process who has recently gotten an interview scheduled.

• 2 weeks later...

I responded to a recent topic for the IR1 visa. Our total turnaround time from submission of application to USCIS to getting the actual immigrant visa granted by the US Embassy Bangkok was 16 months:

- 7 months for USCIS to approve the petition

- 2 months for us to prepare all documents for the NVC/US State Department (Police Clearance Certificate, Name Change Certificate, English Translations, etc.)

- 7 months wait time from NVC approval to interview appointment with immigrant visa unit officer at the embassy.

Rather sad how this whole process has gone down the crapper with covid and the closure of USCIS field office in BKK as part of the Trump anti-immigrant push.

Back in the day this was a 100 day process, and just to show how it was versus today, here's a timeline I posted before when my wife got her GC.

image.png.3b2e36044a65ddfc85a5cd36ba1668b6.png

At some point I hope USCIS field office in BKK will be reopened to make this possible again

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

And yes trump had a factor on this long timeline.  Covid too.  But he tried to refund the USCIS and hiring freeze's when they were already understaffed.  These immigration rules are written in the laws passed by Congress in the past.   Case in point, the head of the Thai embassy appointmed by yiurs truly he ok d back 10 months of visa applications at NVS they were finally released shorty after the us embassy guy resigned after Biden took office.  NBC does no processing other than assignment of a case number and shipping the file to BKk. Pre trump a  2 week  timeline.  It's so funny all this anti immigration mentality when 80% of Americans immigrated when the last 4 generations.    So sad.   

• Like 1