Has anyone had a dose of AZ followed by a dose of Pfizer?

happydays

7 minutes ago, andre47 said:

I got my first shot AZ in July and the second is planed in October. I could have Moderna now, but I prefer to receive the second AZ shot.

1. reason: I will have a clear documentation about full vaccination
2. reason: I will catch a third shot beginning of next year in my home country. That time should be already the next generation of mRMA vaccines available.

Get the Moderna 2x the antibodies of Pfizer 

1 hour ago, Rael007 said:

Same comment as some of the others here:  I have not seen or heard of a single hospital or app in Bangkok that will allow you to get Pfizer if you have already had an AZ jab.  I have tried different sign-up apps and several different hospitals, and every time without exception they ask, "Have you received any shot already?"  If the answer is yes (as in my case - I have received one AZ jab so far), then I am told I cannot get Pfizer as my second shot.  I don't want to lie and say "no" because it's never a good idea to lie when it comes to medical care.

I got my first AZ in mid-July.  My second jab isn't scheduled until early October.  I figured if I could get Pfizer as my second shot, I could get it now.  I wouldn't have to wait so long, plus I get the added benefit of better efficacy.  But every hospital I've contacted in Bangkok and every reservation app I've tried says I can't; it's strictly for those who have not had any shot yet.

If someone has managed to do it, I'd like to know how and where.  Thanks.

same here given AZ  then told cannot have Pfizer..if id have waited could have had 2 shots of the latter..

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, ronjomtien said:

I had AZ in Bang Sue in  late July and got an SMS from BPH that I could have Pfizer last week at Central so I took it. No side effects from either. But I also have a 3rd shot scheduled next week Pfizer so the question is should I take it. In US they say 3rd shots are boosters 5-6 months later. Any ideas?

They were saying 8 months I would hold off for the moment I had two Moderna last month , so I was thinking 6 months for booster 

8 minutes ago, Harveyboy said:

same here given AZ  then told cannot have Pfizer..if id have waited could have had 2 shots of the latter..

Doesn't matter...................... your 3rd shot.................................and then your 4th could all be completely different.

My GF had AZ and then Pfizer here in Denmark, and that causes a problem now, because many countries does not accept mixed vacs,

so vaccations are put off until she receives a booster of Pfizer, or until it's possible to pay for a Pfizer shot personally.

She had 2 antibody blood tests after AZ and Pfizer.

Barely detectable after first shot of AZ, but 8 days (or was it 14?) after the Pfizer shot, the test turned positive immediately,

so i wouldn't be too afraid about the combo not developing enough antibodies.

Edited by Virt

On 8/31/2021 at 11:12 AM, happydays said:

Has anybody done this?

A number of people has done it in my Danish home country, after they banned the AZ vaccine due to blood clots risk; to my knowledge no side effects has been reported from AZ-Pfizer mix...????

4 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

I am in exactly the same situation as you.

I had AZ in June, I had Pfizer last week. I am booked for AZ September 9th and Pfizer shortly after which would be four doses , two of each,. I am not doing it.

I was thinking about having another Pfizer.

I researched online two areas:

1. Mixing vaccines.

2. Can you overdose on vaccines.

In Spain, tests confirmed 1st dose AZ followed by second dose Pfizer created a robust response. Further information suggests that the MRNA vaccines are better equipped to be adapted for use to variants than AZ vaccines in the future. So, if I have another, I will go Pfizer. However, it also stated that AZ offered protection for a longer period.

Next, overdoses have occurred around the world including Italy and the USA by caregivers.There have been cases where whole vials were injected into people in error meant for six people, at one go with no serious side effects. In the US, it happened to 70 plus inmates at a prison, again with no serious side effects.

They actually stated in the early part of the pandemic, they were giving higher doses of the vaccines anyway, until they established the correct dosage. However, a footnote in the report was, increased dosages neither benefited to vaccine protection or detracted from it.

Anyway, I am in the high risk group and vaccinated, so I should give way to others that need the vaccine. I will happily pay for a booster in six months.

I was told that because I already had received an AZ jab that I was not eligible for the Pfizer, were the people that gave you the Pfizer vaccination aware that you had already received and AZ, just curious

34 minutes ago, flexomike said:

I was told that because I already had received an AZ jab that I was not eligible for the Pfizer, were the people that gave you the Pfizer vaccination aware that you had already received and AZ, just curious

They never asked me that question.

Also, my area from being totally organized for the AZ vaccine, they moved the vaccine site away from the local hospital up near the post office. My other half went beginning last week, before I went for the Pfizer, which was at a different location in the main city.

There were 2700 in the queue for it and it has gone into disarray. A lot of shouting, argy bargy, no social distancing. If you don't have the virus, there was a damn good chance of catching it there.

Anyway, I now have 2 of each and I will worry about booster in  six months.

I wish there was a way of checking, with a paid test for example, on how much antibodies I have achieved with this two pronged approach.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Rael007 said:

Same comment as some of the others here:  I have not seen or heard of a single hospital or app in Bangkok that will allow you to get Pfizer if you have already had an AZ jab.  I have tried different sign-up apps and several different hospitals, and every time without exception they ask, "Have you received any shot already?"  If the answer is yes (as in my case - I have received one AZ jab so far), then I am told I cannot get Pfizer as my second shot.  I don't want to lie and say "no" because it's never a good idea to lie when it comes to medical care.

I do know people who lied about it & got Pfizer.

The AZ shot kicked my butt for a couple days, but I never felt a thing from the Pfizer shot about 12 week later.

Does anyone know if Thailand accepts this as legit 2 jabs for arriving tourists?  I am assuming they will since they are mixing jabs now, but I haven't read anything official anywhere.

Edited by shdmn

I had 1 AZ in Thailand then 2 Pfizer in US (could not get certificate for full vaccination based on AZ + 1 Pfizer). Had the 1st Pfizer (2nd vaccine) 4 1/2 weeks after the AZ then the second Pfizer (3rd vaccine) 21 days after that. If it had an option I would have had just the 1 Pfizer but I needed proof of full vaccination in the US.

To my understanding when mixing vaccines you should wait the interval specified for the prior vaccine before the next one. In other words at least 4 weeks after AZ before getting another vaccine. 

Now returning to Thailand and face the problem of getting a Thai vaccine certificate as current system does not recognize vaccines given outside of Thailand. May have to get a 2nd AZ in order to get the "green card" though I certainly don' otherwise need it. 

12 hours ago, Sheryl said:

I had 1 AZ in Thailand then 2 Pfizer in US (could not get certificate for full vaccination based on AZ + 1 Pfizer). Had the 1st Pfizer (2nd vaccine) 4 1/2 weeks after the AZ then the second Pfizer (3rd vaccine) 21 days after that. If it had an option I would have had just the 1 Pfizer but I needed proof of full vaccination in the US.

To my understanding when mixing vaccines you should wait the interval specified for the prior vaccine before the next one. In other words at least 4 weeks after AZ before getting another vaccine. 

Now returning to Thailand and face the problem of getting a Thai vaccine certificate as current system does not recognize vaccines given outside of Thailand. May have to get a 2nd AZ in order to get the "green card" though I certainly don' otherwise need it. 

I'm getting 3rd jab after 3 weeks, Pfizer. 

On 9/1/2021 at 7:32 AM, ronjomtien said:

I had AZ in Bang Sue in  late July and got an SMS from BPH that I could have Pfizer last week at Central so I took it.

With two Thai vaccines in you like you have done, have they given you a vaccination certificate recognized by MOPH needed for the Mor Phrom app or a International Travel Vaccine Passport?

23 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

Ive had 2 az jabs 12 weeks apart here in Thailand ,will wait a bit and check about a booster of moderna,to see if its really needed

Same as me. But I will probably wait until 2nd gen vaccines are available. Probably sometime next year. Not too worried about it now. If I get infected (hopefully with not severe symptoms), that will create new antibodies that give a borader immune response (nautral antibodies attack the entire virus, not just the spike protein). 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hamus Yaigh said:

With two Thai vaccines in you like you have done, have they given you a vaccination certificate recognized by MOPH needed for the Mor Phrom app or a International Travel Vaccine Passport?

Good question. Mine shows both of my az shots (there is a blank space for a 3rd dose). 

I'm a bit puzzled as to how some have managed to mix certain brands that have not been approved yet. Possibly, the hospital is injecting but not checking the MoPH record before the second shot. 

On 9/1/2021 at 1:37 PM, Harveyboy said:

yes true I've had 1 AZ .but was contacted a few weeks ago offered Pfizer i said yep great but when i told than had already had 1 AZ  said cannot do sorry 

My wife informs me tht Pfizer is now allowed after astra zeneca. The stock of pfizer needs to be used up. She works for the MoPH so she is well informed. I didn't know until just now when I asked her. 

I am in Australia and had 1 vaccine shot of AZ followed by a Pfizer shot after 12 weeks on doctor's orders, after she fought with the CDC.

I had to complete a declaration that I would receive 2 shots of the same vaccine. The Aust govt website states that you are not fully vaccinated until you have 2 shots of the same vaccine. I also can't get a digital covid 19 vaccination certificate because I haven't had 2 shots of the same vaccine. I called the govt hotline and asked why I didn't have one.

I booked a Pfizer shot online for 2 weeks time so it will be interesting to see if they give me the shot. If not, I will be raising the above points and complaining that I will be shut out of employment, travel, sporting and cultural opportunities because of the lack of the certificate.

Has anyone had a similar experience in Australia?

As mentioned earlier in this topic, I had one AZ but was then emailed by another place to get a Pfizer (I did so, in just under 4 weeks later). As with others on here, I need to travel, so presumably I need one card showing 2 shots of the same brand. I get my second PF next week.

However, because of the long wait until AZ 2, I don't get this until late October. I will have had 4 injections in 4 months. A friend says 1 AZ and 2 PF is quite enough, and that I should cancel the second AZ. From the prison research, people have been given a whole vial of 6/7 shots with no problem, by mistake.

One person here has questioned my personal morals, but on reading this app it seems that most people on here have had up to 4 shots, and some are even discussing a booster.

Has anyone faced this dilemma before, or do any virologists read this chat? There may be no need for an AZ as number 4?

Eddy

I took first dose of Sinopharm 3 weeks ago and now second dose of Sinopharm, in between that time i was offer Pfizer from Medpark hospital for people under 60, finally but i turn it down i just want to finish my 2 Sinopharm dose and move on for booster shot 3-6 month from now, choice for booster will be Moderna

Sino-vaccine and Mrna are totally two different kind of vaccine it will not interfere with each other, by having two kind of these vaccine will have a better boost protection in my opinion

Edited by vinci
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/2/2021 at 10:22 PM, vinci said:

I took first dose of Sinopharm 3 weeks ago and now second dose of Sinopharm, in between that time i was offer Pfizer from Medpark hospital for people under 60, finally but i turn it down i just want to finish my 2 Sinopharm dose and move on for booster shot 3-6 month from now, choice for booster will be Moderna

Sino-vaccine and Mrna are totally two different kind of vaccine it will not interfere with each other, by having two kind of these vaccine will have a better boost protection in my opinion

Chinese vaccine are you serious