Pain in right side

Badrabbit

Have this pain just under rib cage(kidney area) I've had it a long time, last week it was so bad I rushed to the hospital at 3am for check, CT scan with contrast, Ultra sound, X Ray, Urine and blood test, nothing shown, why is this pain still persisting, what could it be? 

I'm at my wits end knowing what to do.

Any helpful advice would be much appreciated. 

1 minute ago, Shoeless Joe said:

Sorry to hear you are in pain but seeking advice on clinical matters on this forum really is fraught with danger. Perhaps you should consider going back to the hospital for a second consultation or going to a different hospital for a second opinion.

Regards,

Joe

Cheers mate, they charged me a small fortune when I went for to my.local top Private hospital, my OPD is only 2500, I can't go back to the Private hospital but will go to Mission if I can't stand the constant pain again, the only thing that brings relief is laying on my back.

Not sure if I same but I have a pain under my left rib . some times feels like a bruise when rubbed...I went to hospital in uk they sent me for CT scan and other tests Found Nothing as well....said they needed to stick camara down throut..I said no..  it comes and goes seem to be if eat certain foods .I take milk amagnisa and its goes away after a while...

6 minutes ago, mvdf said:

Psychosomatic? Guessing if differential diagnostic methods all turned out nil.

Best approach is to seek a second opinion. 

I'm sure the hospital would rub its hands in anticipation of a huge hospital bill trying to find out what is wrong whrn they have already said nothing is wrong, the pain is real and its constant.

I'll have to put up with it as I can't afford anymore especially if it is OPD!

Edited by Badrabbit

doesn't sound like you went to a very good hospital if they couldn't find out what was wrong, i'd go a different one

under right rib cage is the liver/gallbladder, can't remember where the appendix is, i think it's in the same general area

you say your kidney area, do you just mean the back?

Edited by dj230

2 minutes ago, dj230 said:

doesn't sound like you went to a very good hospital if they couldn't find out what was wrong, i'd go a different one

under right rib cage is the liver/gallbladder, can't remember where the appendix is, i think it's in the same general area

you say your kidney area, do you just mean the back?

Yea the rear rib cage area, they checked Gaul bladder, Kidney but not sure if they checked Liver, oh well put up with it untill I can't put up with it.

32 minutes ago, Badrabbit said:

Cheers mate, they charged me a small fortune when I went for to my.local top Private hospital, my OPD is only 2500, I can't go back to the Private hospital but will go to Mission if I can't stand the constant pain again, the only thing that brings relief is laying on my back.

Ask for Nick Walters at Mission,  he is pretty good.

https://www.mission-hospital.org/en/our-doctors/40-clinics-centers/internal-medicine-clinic/959-dr-nick-walters.html

2 minutes ago, Badrabbit said:

Yea the rear rib cage area, they checked Gaul bladder, Kidney but not sure if they checked Liver, oh well put up with it untill I can't put up with it.

Famous last words

You have any other symptoms than pain? What causes it? Any reputable hospital would have at least done bloodwork with liver panel, any chance you get a copy or can request a copy? 

4 minutes ago, dj230 said:

Famous last words

You have any other symptoms than pain? What causes it? Any reputable hospital would have at least done bloodwork with liver panel, any chance you get a copy or can request a copy? 

I've got a copy of the bill, blood test was done.

3 minutes ago, pseudorabies said:

Can you imagine the cost of going through that here, millions upon millions!!

1 hour ago, Badrabbit said:

Cheers mate, 

Could it be kidney stone?

I once had kidney stone and it was excruciating just like childbirth.

Try drinking Uralyt-U that will dissolve the stone and see what happens. Did wonders for me.

It will alkalinize your urine.

Edited by EricTh

4 minutes ago, Badrabbit said:

No mate, Kidneys are clear as is the Gaul Bladder.

Do you drink alcohol a lot? If you do, your liver might be destroyed because it is under the rib-cage as you mentioned.

Do a check on your liver.

25 minutes ago, EricTh said:

Could it be kidney stone?

I once had kidney stone and it was excruciating just like childbirth.

So you have given birth.. wow.. not many males can say that... you are probably the first.????

Edited by robblok

2 minutes ago, EricTh said:

Do you drink alcohol a lot? If you do, your liver might be destroyed because it is under the rib-cage as you mentioned.

Do a check on your liver.

No I'm not a heavy drinker, have a couple of beers now and again.

OP already states not gallbladder, although depending on materials, gallbladder (like kidney stones) might not show on xrays, but only on ultrasound.

Not expert on gallbladder stones, but the kidney stones that are made of uric acid only show on ultrasound, not on xrays.

Otherwise - gallbladder stones pain just under the last rib on the right, at the front. Kidney stones pain higher up, behind lungs at the back near on the side, and when they are moving, the pain is moving straight down the back and then around appendix moves to front when it's just about to get to bladder.

Edited by tomazbodner
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Will B Good said:

Duodenal ulcer......not helpful, all of us guessing like this, but if the liver, kidney and gall bladder are all in the clear???

Yes mate I'm confused but not enough to spend a fortune trying to find the cause, I'm sure I can cope with it, it's just annoying as it is constant.

Sounds broken rib to me

1 minute ago, Badrabbit said:

Yes mate I'm confused but not enough to spend a fortune trying to find the cause, I'm sure I can cope with it, it's just annoying as it is constant.

Try a PPI.....omeprazole, 40mg to begin with. Take one in the morning with plenty of water, half an hour before you eat anything.....might alleviate the pain. If it does it could indicate an ulcer.

I've been on them for over 14 years.

• Thanks 1

I had something similar and mixed w/another pain so it was difficult to sort out... when the other pain was gone, that pain hurt when I did a specific stretching movement from an awkward angle.. I am pretty sure it was a pulled muscle and has now gone too... but it sure felt like it was internal damage... though I guess a muscle is internal too.. 

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Badrabbit said:

No mate, Kidneys are clear as is the Gaul Bladder.

Most stones give pain when they try to ass (usually get stuck in the ureter). I've had a few. nasty things. But the CT scan should find it easily, and also any stones in the kidneys. 

Buy your symptoms do not make it sound like a stone (laying down doesn't make the pain subside).