TrueVision - Reduction in programmes?

Shoeless Joe

I've read a thread on another social media platform (CMNIE) that says the FOX films and sports channels that are currently part of TrueVision's package(s) and will stop being broadcast from October 2021 It seems that Fox is wholly owned by Disney and that these channels will only be available via Disney+. I have no idea if Truevision broadcast Disney+ but when I checked the Platinum and Gold packages, the Fox channels were still being advertised!

I don't know if there's a similar service but I remember a couple of years ago and as an alternative to TrueVision, different types of "android boxes" were being touted here. Does anyone know, are they still available? Do they still work? If they're OK, does anyone know who supplies them, how much they cost and who installs and maintains them and if the computer link need to be regularly updated? Or indeed if there's any other alternative>

I'd be really grateful for any sensible advice.

Regards,

Joe

12 minutes ago, canthai55 said:

Google Android set top boxes - all will be revealed

Thanks, I Googled android set top boxes as you suggested. Not very helpful, although I did read a couple of reviews (but I don't know if those android boxes are available in Thailand, so not much use). Also I saw an ad for a Lazada android box.

Thanks for trying to help but on this occasion Google wasn't my friend. What would really help would be a response or responses from someone with personal experience.

Regards,

Joe

34 minutes ago, Shoeless Joe said:

"android boxes" were being touted here. Does anyone know, are they still available?

Android boxes are nothing more that small computer boxes that run Android so of course they are available. Just like you find on a phone or even on a Windows PC with an Android emulator. All you need then is to install the application to run your TV channels of choice. Many applications run on Android but they also run on other operating systems as well. I am currently watching all the latest sports channels that may be on the Fox network also on a Windows PC at the moment as I have some other jobs to do on the PC at the same time. When I go to another part of my house I can watch the same channels on an Android box attached to a flat screen TV with the family. If I go for a dump I can switch to the app of the same service on my mobile device.

You just need to sign up for an IPTV service provider and get all the thousands of channels you want.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Shoeless Joe said:

Thanks, I Googled android set top boxes as you suggested. Not very helpful, although I did read a couple of reviews (but I don't know if those android boxes are available in Thailand, so not much use). Also I saw an ad for a Lazada android box.

Thanks for trying to help but on this occasion Google wasn't my friend. What would really help would be a response or responses from someone with personal experience.

Regards,

Joe

Hi

You need to be careful when buying an android set top box

There are two operating systems.  1.   Android TV and Android OS.  The android OS is the same as you get on your Android phone.  This system allows you to " sideload" many apks or apps from playstore.   Android TV set top box on the other hand is not as user friendly for playstore apps nor apks.

However, I prefer my Android OS set top box and use numerous film/ movie apks free of charge.  I also subscribe to an IPTV company and watch many channels from Uk/ Usa/Australia.  I have been using it for a number of years. 

If you want more info, send me a PM.  Because,  I do not really want to get into a debate with other readers over the pros and cons of both versions of android set top boxes. 

• Like 1

Google IPTV. There are lots of them.

Some are better than others.

Subscribe (400 to 1000 Baht a month) and add it to your Android Box.

Many even give a free trial.

You will then get every channel you could ever want worldwide.

For those technically challenged try Pulse TV who will supply the box with their system already loaded.

Or download their app yourself.

Edited by Lite Beer
  • Like 1

Where do you live?, I've been here in Pattaya for close to 10 years, had an android box for probably 8, pay once 3500 Baht, no ongoing charges, I watch all the latest movies, TV series & occasionally sport, I  really don't know how I survived without one, if I have a problem a quick call to the guy that supplies & maintains them and problem sorted, pm me  for more info if you want, I'm  looking forward to seeing  the new 007 movie later this month. ????

• Like 1

Truevisions are losing only Fox sports 2, according to the message on that channel.

I haven't see any messages about other channels being removed.

They are replacing with mainly chinese and Korean content which apparently the Thais like.

I agree that it's becoming a challenge now to keep paying 2000 baht a month, I have the EPL package on top which is why I still persevere with them.

When I upgrade my TV it will probably get the boot.

Edited by Andycoops
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Andycoops said:

Truevisions are losing only Fox sports 2, according to the message on that channel.

I haven't see any messages about other channels being removed.

They are replacing with mainly chinese and Korean content which apparently the Thais like.

I agree that it's becoming a challenge now to keep paying 2000 baht a month, I have the EPL package on top which is why I still persevere with them.

When I upgrade my TV it will probably get the boot.

Fox HD is running a message saying it is closing down

According to the article I read, Disney is closing down 18 channels in SE Asia.

Disney channels: Disney Channel, Disney Junior

Fox channels: Fox, Fox Crime, Fox Life, FX, Fox Movies, Fox Action Movies, Fox Family Movies, Fox Sports, Fox Sports 2, Fox Sports 3

National Geographics channels: Nat Geo People

Star channels: Star Movies China, SCM Legend, Star Sports 1, Star Sports 2

Others: Channel V