Can a school force a minor to get vaccinate or threaten with expulsion?

28 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

In UK there have been more deaths of double vaccinated than those of non-vaccinated in this year.

And if everyone is double-vaccinated, then the only Covid deaths will be the double-vaccinated. As the vaccination level increases and the number of unvaccinated dwindles, the proportion of deaths of the vaccinated will at some point exceed that of the unvaccinated. This does not imply that vaccines do not reduce serious illness or death.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

58 minutes ago, Etaoin Shrdlu said:

And if everyone is double-vaccinated, then the only Covid deaths will be the double-vaccinated. As the vaccination level increases and the number of unvaccinated dwindles, the proportion of deaths of the vaccinated will at some point exceed that of the unvaccinated. This does not imply that vaccines do not reduce serious illness or death.

You missed this part:

Andrew Freedman, a reader in infectious disease at Cardiff University School of Medicine, told CNBC Thursday.

"Those catching Covid now are a mixture of unvaccinated, partially vaccinated and double vaccinated people. A large proportion of new infection are in (unvaccinated) children and adolescents," he noted.

"We know that the vaccines are only partially effective at preventing people from catching the delta variant, but are much more effective at protecting against severe disease, hospitalisation and deathFully vaccinated individuals are mostly getting only mild symptoms if they do catch it, although a small minority, especially older and more frail people, are still getting more severe illness."

Back to the issue of school children having to be vaccinated; if I was a teacher having to face groups students every day, and then go back home to my children, spouse, and extended family; I would not want your child in my class if he was not vaccinated and wearing a mask. Why put my family at risk so you can get a free ride???  Why should doctors and nurses treat you if you did not get vaccinated--they are at risk every day in their hospitals--you're just adding more risk to the equation. Sometimes society makes decisions based on the whole community. If you don't what to be part of that community you are free to leave and find a place of like-minded citizens.

Edited by ClaySmc
  • Like 1

On 9/6/2021 at 9:58 AM, Justanotherone said:

I know most here have blind faith in this new religion of vaccines.

This is the problem of this $hit world of weak obedient and silly people !

How did we all survive the last 18 months without ?

Ask the champions who support all this BS !

I would take my kids out from school if anybody would decide for me what they can do or not !

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

On 9/10/2021 at 10:04 AM, MrJ2U said:

There isnt any vaccines for under 12.

There talking about Sinopharm and my Wife says no way.  Theres insufficient data for under 12.

I understand about the worries about vaccinating children but there worried about them spreading to other people inside the cramped Thai households.

Delta is affecting younger children.

Very controversial for sure.

"With the delta variant, we are seeing an increased number of cases amongst children."

https://newsnetwork.mayoclinic.org/discussion/how-covid-19-delta-variant-is-impacting-younger-people/

Pfizer to Apply For COVID-19 Vaccine Use in Children as Young as 5 Years Old in "Next Few Weeks"

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/pfizer-to-apply-for-covid-19-vaccine-use-in-children-as-young-as-5-years-old-in-next-few-weeks/ar-BB1glSSR?li=BBnba9O

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Justanotherone said:

Geert Vandenbossche, phd and expert that worked for gavi, warns that mass vaccination will push the virus to mutate

People love to blame and insult others without propper knowledge

Look up Vaers

More incidents, injuries and deaths reported in 18 months than the last 20 years combined

Your sweet government paying families of covid injured or deaths, but strangly never the cause of the jab

Many people, old and sick reported to die from covid, but not their cancer , chronic diseases or old age

Not one website can state a list with age of death patients only averages and mostly 65 and over

If vaxx protects you, why are you so afraid of me/us

And how did u survive last 18 months?

Yes a have a child, yes we get a cold once and a while,  

No i am not afraid, as we eat healthy, exercise, are not overweight, don't take medication that affect our natural imminity and have a 99,98% survival rate

You have never had a vaccination for any disease? Just curious

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:
16 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

This ‘could’ be the case in an immunised person with low levels of antibodies as viruses evolve, but the vaccines will keep up with antigenic drift, just as they do with influenza.

but they don't, vaccinated people still die of new strains of influenza.

And more ‘unvaccinated’ people die than ‘vaccinated’ people of new strains of influenza...  Its the same with Covid-19, don’t you see that?..

They don’t ‘always' keep up with Antigenic drift - hence the severity of the variation of the H1N1 outbreak in 2009, virologists did not managed to track and predict that in time. 

But, for the most part the vaccines do track the drift successfully. The argument that ‘sometimes they may not’ does not imply vaccines are ineffective.

3 hours ago, Tony125 said:

Pfizer to Apply For COVID-19 Vaccine Use in Children as Young as 5 Years Old in "Next Few Weeks"

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/pfizer-to-apply-for-covid-19-vaccine-use-in-children-as-young-as-5-years-old-in-next-few-weeks/ar-BB1glSSR?li=BBnba9O

I guess thats the next logical step.

Just like everyone I hope its safe.

I don't want mix and match Chinese swill for the children.

Expulsion or denial the further education of your child ?

You're asking about Thailand specifically?

Based on recent government speak here, I've noticed the use of "...with the parents permission" when referring to the efforts to vaccinate some 4.8 mm 12-17 YO school-children with Pfizer (2x).

Then the question remains, how will unvaccinated children be dealt with? Separately? In genpop? You should ask the school for their policies and plans regarding unvaccinated students.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

They don’t ‘always' keep up with Antigenic drift - hence the severity of the variation of the H1N1 outbreak in 2009, virologists did not managed to track and predict that in time. 

You mean THIS H1N1 outbreak in 2009? The hoax pandemic that killed 15,000 people globally?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1242147/The-false-pandemic-Drug-firms-cashed-scare-swine-flu-claims-Euro-health-chief.html

https://www.bbc.com/news/10396382

https://www.forbes.com/2010/03/10/swine-flu-world-health-organization-pandemic-opinions-contributors-henry-i-miller.html?sh=275142916170

Edited by LongTimeLurker
  • Like 1

On 9/7/2021 at 3:04 PM, Justanotherone said:

The idea that young people have to risk their health to protect old people is absurd.

Overweight and old people are more prone to get serious covid.

They should get vaxxed and quarantined, not healthy people.

Covid showed how stupid people are in believing propaganda of fear.

1976 all over again.

Heart disease, cancer, diabetes = real top causes of mortality way more than anything and no jab or lockdown EVER

Exactly

And top 2 causes of death of under 18s in Thailand: road accident and drowning.

How about mandatory helmets and swimming lessons, before covid vaccines?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

48 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:
19 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

You mean THIS H1N1 outbreak in 2009? The hoax pandemic that killed 15,000 people globally?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1242147/The-false-pandemic-Drug-firms-cashed-scare-swine-flu-claims-Euro-health-chief.html

https://www.bbc.com/news/10396382

https://www.forbes.com/2010/03/10/swine-flu-world-health-organization-pandemic-opinions-contributors-henry-i-miller.html?sh=275142916170

Yes... I mean that pandemic.... the one which CDC estimated that 151,700-575,400 people worldwide died from (H1N1) pdm09 

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-resources/2009-h1n1-pandemic.html

Up to you what you believe... 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jeffr2 said:

Please. Don't compare road accidents and swimming deaths to covid. That's a ridiculous comparison.

Exactly, we can't compare.

Road accidents and swimming deaths account for most child deaths in Thailand.

Whereas, covid is virtually no threat to them.

But don't you think we should be more concerned about child safety than children getting vaccines to protect others?

Ironically, more kids would die on the motorcycle going to the clinic to get the vaccine than the virus itself!

Edited by 2009
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

For the record, I am not against vaccines. I was vaccinated in the first 10% of Thailand.

But to force it in schools seems unnecessary.

And schools do nothing when children ride through their gates on motorcycles from the age of 12 or 13 in major cities. In rural areas, could be as young as 9 or 10.

Edited by 2009
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, thailandbeachisland said:

and what about the 99% who survived ? ridiculous !

99% is not the survival rate. Also doesn't take into consideration long term effects, long covid or those who suffered for weeks.

Ridiculous!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, 2009 said:

Exactly, we can't compare.

Road accidents and swimming deaths account for most child deaths in Thailand.

Whereas, covid is virtually no threat to them.

But don't you think we should be more concerned about child safety than children getting vaccines to protect others?

Ironically, more kids would die on the motorcycle going to the clinic to get the vaccine than the virus itself!

The delta variant is going after children now. Lots of news about this. Not to mention they are now super spreaders.

This is being widely reported.

6 hours ago, 2009 said:

For the record, I am not against vaccines. I was vaccinated in the first 10% of Thailand.

But to force it in schools seems unnecessary.

And schools do nothing when children ride through their gates on motorcycles from the age of 12 or 13 in major cities. In rural areas, could be as young as 9 or 10.

Seems doctors and scientists don't agree with you.

The removed detail was an infographic from University College London stating that the risk of a child dying from covid is 2 in a million. Not sure what was wrong with that. Seems on topic.

Also, a chart from a Thai scientific study comparing leading causes of death in children. Almost 20 in 100,000 for drowning and traffic accident (each, not together).

Edited by 2009
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1