Agents for Bank Accounts

LoVeFuN

On 9/6/2021 at 10:32 PM, LoVeFuN said:

I will be getting married after  getting affidavit from Bangkok.

I will come into Thailand in the New Year, maybe Visa Exempt then looking for long term stay.

The Bank account seems to be the problem. Information from Bangkok Bank was.

1. Passport 2. Letter from Embassy. 3. Pink i.d card.

Number 2 could be copy of passport certified which isn't a problem. But I don't think they will issue a letter of recommendation.

Try KTB, I opened one, and only had to bring letter from immigration plus passport and thai address

5 hours ago, DILLIGAD said:

How recently was that?

Things have changed because of covid.

Really? Banks have changed documents required because of a virus? I would very much doubt it.

What we do know is that different banks, even different branches, have different rules. I have two bank accounts with the same bank but different branches. On branch opened my account with only passport. The other wanted more.

The best thing to do is just go to many places and try your luck. If you are not good at speaking Thai then take your partner or a friend. If your partner has an account at the same branch you should be able to work something out,

• Like 2

On 9/29/2021 at 2:12 PM, youreavinalaff said:

Really? Banks have changed documents required because of a virus? I would very much doubt it.

What we do know is that different banks, even different branches, have different rules. I have two bank accounts with the same bank but different branches. On branch opened my account with only passport. The other wanted more.

The best thing to do is just go to many places and try your luck. If you are not good at speaking Thai then take your partner or a friend. If your partner has an account at the same branch you should be able to work something out,

Your experience is different to mine. You haven't answered my question about when was it that you opened your accounts?

A friend went to every bank in the location that he was staying-in (a non-tourist venue) and everyone had similar rules (if over 50, they wanted a pension providers letter. If working, they wanted to see a WP, which is a bit 'Cart before the horse' IMO. ) This situation made him, resort to using a Pattaya visa agency to get him a bank account.

8 minutes ago, DILLIGAD said:

You haven't answered my question about when was it that you opened your accounts?

You asked a different person and he has answered.

On 9/29/2021 at 12:47 PM, john thom said:

2 years ago. Had to open for my non -o based on retirement monthly income-

4 hours ago, DILLIGAD said:

Your experience is different to mine. You haven't answered my question about when was it that you opened your accounts?

A friend went to every bank in the location that he was staying-in (a non-tourist venue) and everyone had similar rules (if over 50, they wanted a pension providers letter. If working, they wanted to see a WP, which is a bit 'Cart before the horse' IMO. ) This situation made him, resort to using a Pattaya visa agency to get him a bank account.

I didn't answer a question because you didn't ask me any.

Now, your post above. What has any of that got to do with Covid? Those rules have been in place, at some banks, for years. As I pointed out in my post.

Over 50s need pension letter? Surely you mean over 60s.

On 9/29/2021 at 2:38 AM, DILLIGAD said:

Things have changed because of covid

This is what you said.

Please explain. 

Edited by youreavinalaff

You might want to consider opening an account with a bank in a bigger town/city. If the first bank refuses/requests too many documents, simply walk down the street to the next bank/branch and try again. 

I managed to open 3 accounts at 3 different banks with nothing more than a passport this way. You could try at places where there is a cluster of banks e.g. at shopping malls.