Nurse made money transfers to herself as Covid patient lay dying in coma in private hospital

webfact

4 hours ago, Sydebolle said:

Well, no surprises here. 

At least they should name the culprit with photos and details to really ensure, that she gets the message of what terrible act she did. It is not about the amount but the terrible character and mind set this woman has. 
It is theft; irrespective of robbing a bank or an unconscious patient = theft is theft. Put her in the slammer and demote her to never ever work as a nurse again! 

Bit harsh without knowing the motivation for the crime as there could well be starving kids involved.   Desperate people do desperate things etc.   Sad story all round really, guy in coma, only 5000 in his bank account, nurse for whatever reason steals some of it (and it really wasn’t much - barely pocket money to a westerner) and at the very least has lost her job and now faces criminal charges.        

21 hours ago, transam said:

Though this case is despicable, the thing I have noticed in LOS is that the family start fighting over land, house, money BEFORE the person is dead, long lost relatives turn up at the doorstep for a possible handout.........????

The thing I noticed is relatives around the world can be selfish and steal ones property and money. Some Thailand families are no different. 

On 9/7/2021 at 12:35 AM, transam said:

Though this case is despicable, the thing I have noticed in LOS is that the family start fighting over land, house, money BEFORE the person is dead, long lost relatives turn up at the doorstep for a possible handout.........????

I can attest to the same thing happening here in the US of A.  Stories from my Mom when her Mom died and distant cousins showed up that nobody could even remember when they last saw them.  And when my grandmother on my Dad's side passed, my Aunt just usurped things, did not follow the will instructions at all.  Now my Aunt did take a lot of care of my Grandma, and at the end I guess she just thought she was entitled to more.  My grandmom's estate was measurable and my Dad made a simple request, not a legal one to get an accounting, and that distanced my Aunt and other relatives.  In fairness to Dad, he pointed out that what his sister, my Aunt was doing was taking things away from us Kids.  I know my Grandfather had a lot of businesses so I am sure Grandma had sizable assets and had been living in one of the top notch high rise apartments in the city which cost a pretty penny. 

When my Mom and Dad passed, my sisters did not even show me the will.  I mentioned how Dad had asked for an accounting when his Mom died, and all my sisters at that time had agreed there was nothing wrong with that.  So I asked my sisters for an accounting and got totally rebuffed!  Funny how things change.  I know my parents were broke.  I sent them money every month for 20 years while I worked all over the USA.  Heck Dad had even done a shameful reverse mortgage on the town house without telling us and when that note came due after he died, Mom had to move in with my littlest sister.  Kudos to Sis and I kept sending them money every month.  I did not press the will or inheritance issue.  I was not raised to expect anything.  I was dissapointed how in later years I heard Mom saying something like "nobody left me anything, so why should I leave anything?".   In retrospect, I thought parents maybe should have at least thought about leaving something to their kids?

Funny thing is, My neighbors, all lower middle class income folks, all were smart with their money.  One of the Dad's of a kid I grew up with, bought a piece of junk porperty 3 acres in New Hampshire in the 60s.  Over the years it was made habitable enough for 3 seasons and he left that to the kids.  He also bought a little shack on the water in Rhode Island and over the years fixed that up to the point that when he died it was sold for 1 million.  My other neighborhood kid's Dad  bought small cottage they seasonally rent out on Cape Cod in west Dennis.  They also bought a small house they made into an antique shop for all the stuff they had collected over the years.  And their grandparents had an old house built like 1888 that stayed in the family and now my childhood buddy lives in.  And the house they grew up in now houses the eldest sister.  My parents, which owned a wildly susccessful restaurnat and lounge in Rhode Island did absolutely nothing with the cash flow and money.    No investments.  No property, no nothing. And all those years they paid themselves very little on the books, so they showed no income.  Their idea was to avoid paying social security taxes.  A plausible idea, except years later when broke and businesses long since sold, they had minimal social security income of like 1100 a month.

Anyway,  I don't think it is just a Thai thing.

• Like 1

On 9/7/2021 at 6:17 PM, James105 said:

Bit harsh without knowing the motivation for the crime as there could well be starving kids involved.   Desperate people do desperate things etc.   Sad story all round really, guy in coma, only 5000 in his bank account, nurse for whatever reason steals some of it (and it really wasn’t much - barely pocket money to a westerner) and at the very least has lost her job and now faces criminal charges.        

Don't get me wrong but there is absolutely nothing - except life threatening circumstances - which I would justify stealing from a comatose person. There are other way, get an advance from the hospital, ask friends or postpone a due payment - before you "help yourself". Maybe harsh, yes, but there must be a line somewhere. 

On 9/7/2021 at 6:17 AM, James105 said:

Yeah she only stole from helpless dying patients because her white collar job was incapable of feeding starving kids in a country famous for dirt cheap street food.  There is nothing you can say that will make her coma patient muggings acceptable but if you feel this strongly about it maybe you should donate everything you have to this sea of staving children you assume are behind every crime.

Edited by user305