Yamaha dealer, authorised?

notrub

I would like to buy a new bike of the 110 to 125 cc size.  The little Honda shop wants 50,000 for a 110 wave (top model) and the main dealer down the road wants 50,500 for the same one.  Why? Here is the real question.   The Yamaha dealer near to us wants 49,000 for the 115 FiNN(?) (used to be the 'Spark' model) but just down the road is a seller of new Yamaha bikes who is asking 45,500 for the same bike.  All prices are 'on the road' with tax and registration included. They have lots of Yamaha bikes in their showroom.  I asked if they are an authorized dealer and he said yes.  There is no Yamaha sign out front but in every way they appear to be a legitimate dealer of some sort.  What is this about?  Are they a loan company selling bikes on time or what?  I will pay cash and that is OK for them.  What is the story on bike sales?  Should I go to Buriram city and troll through all the bike shops?  Thanks in advance for any comments.

• Confused 1

Yes the seller is offering finance but they are happy to sell for cash.  Are they legal and will the Yamaha 5yr guarantee be valid?  Should I just go and ask of a 5,000 Baht discount from the dealer?  I have read that Honda, for example, forbids discounting and will remove the dealership from outlets that do.  Hard to understand how bike and car sales work here.  Any comments please?

According to Google a Honda Wave 110i top spec costs 45,500. So the 5k they put on top might be their profit margin. Go to an official Honda dealer and it should cost 45,500.

The electric starter / mag wheel / disc brake Yamaha Finn also costs 45,500, according to the Yamaha homepage.

These small shops selling new bikes are very common, I wouldn't expect any problem with warranty, but they might charge you a bit more, because that's their profit.

The mag wheels on these bikes do also have tubes, so you pay the 2k just for the style (and actually spoke wheels are even more robust, not that this would matter much though...), you can just save this.

Edited by jackdd

14 minutes ago, jackdd said:

The mag wheels on these bikes do also have tubes, so you pay the 2k just for the style (and actually spoke wheels are even more robust, not that this would matter much though...), you can just save this.

All the alloy wheels on scooters I have seen here run tubeless