Dns Propagation With Tt&t

Anyone have any experience with TT&T? I recently switched from True and it appears I made a mistake. I activated one of my parked domains and changed the server. It is going on 24hrs and it still hasn't propagated in the TT&T system. When I used True propagation was almost instant even though the server was in the US. Within the hour I had access. With the TT&T system all I see if my old parking page. Anyone have any experience with this?

Edited by ChiangMaiAmerican

Might have been luck with True.

DNS updates seldom propagates within the first 24 hours, and take often up to 72 hours in our neck of the woods!

When lucky (means when the right dns servers are updating their cache at the right time) you can get the updated name servers within a few hours...

You can always try opendns, they are one of the fastest updating dns services!

You did try ctrl +F5 already I assume? You might still be seeing a page cached by your own explorer or Firefox!

Might have been luck with True.

DNS updates seldom propagates within the first 24 hours, and take often up to 72 hours in our neck of the woods!

When lucky (means when the right dns servers are updating their cache at the right time) you can get the updated name servers within a few hours...

You can always try opendns, they are one of the fastest updating dns services!

You did try ctrl +F5 already I assume? You might still be seeing a page cached by your own explorer or Firefox!

It may have been luck but it was consistant luck. I set up 7 domains on US servers over a period of two weeks when I was using true and they all propagated within an hour which in fact surprised me. It appears to be more of a problem with the frequency local service providers update against the root server. True was apparently giving exceptional service at that time. I called TT&T and complained about the frequency they updated from the root server. A half hour later a miracle happened, their server was updated.

Edited by ChiangMaiAmerican

You can set default DNS servers to "Open DNS":

If you're using Windows, just access the properties of the network connection and change the settings in Properties for TCP/IP. I used to have occasional problems with TT&T's DNS servers resolving addresses, but since changing to Open DNS, I haven't had a problem.

(If you need more step-by-step instructions, feel free to ask.)