Non-immigrant B Visa Run

The new academic year has started and it might be worthwhile trying to get first-hand updates on what the consulates in Laos and Malaysia are currently requesting. I chose May 1st as this is the date many teachers heard would be the date new regulations would be introduced.

Are police clearance checks being requested?

What paperwork supplied by the school did you need?

Did you need to show evidence of your qualifications?

If you have done runs before, do you feel anything has changed in the way consulates now handle applications?

The new academic year has started and it might be worthwhile trying to get first-hand updates on what the consulates in Laos and Malaysia are currently requesting. I chose May 1st as this is the date many teachers heard would be the date new regulations would be introduced.

Are police clearance checks being requested?

What paperwork supplied by the school did you need?

Did you need to show evidence of your qualifications?

If you have done runs before, do you feel anything has changed in the way consulates now handle applications?

All straight forward in Laos. No police check asked for, original documents were not checked but they did require photocopies - stamped by the institution offering you a job. Other paperwork seemed straight forward:

• contract,
  • letter of invitation,
  • letter confirming your employment,
  • letter signed by president.

This is my first year teaching in Thailand so i don't know if it is any different from previous - all i can say is that it was very straight forward and really quite efficient. As long as the paperwork is in before mid-day you can pick it up after 1PM the next day.

Hope this helps a little, good luck.