border crossings

What joe says is correct for the mainstream public. Now if you want to go more underground, people have been crossing at Nong Khai with the proper visa/reason and $$$ to enter up until 23 August 2021. You would need an agent to do the paperwork with business, employment, partner, investor visa, etc. But now Laos has stopped issuing COE to foreigners due to rising covid cases. So im assuming in a month or two you could get in again if their covid situation calms down.

Edited by at15
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If they start issuing COE again its possible if he can get some agent to do the paperwork for the visa who will then get approval from the Laos ministry of foreign affairs. Keep in mind you will have to quarantine 14 days in Laos.

Edited by at15
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, at15 said:

If they start issuing COE again its possible if he can get some agent to do the paperwork for the visa who will then get approval from the Laos ministry of foreign affairs. Keep in mind you will have to quarantine 14 days in Laos.

Most people of this forum are only wanting to enter Laos and return to get a new entry for here or to go to the Thai embassy in Vientiane or the consulate in Savannakhet to apply for a visa.

I would guess most non Laotians that have been able to enter Laos were already living there or were it entering to start working there. The discussion about being able to enter Laos really belongs in the Visas and migration to other countries forum.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

Most people of this forum are only wanting to enter Laos and return to get a new entry for here or to go to the Thai embassy in Vientiane or the consulate in Savannakhet to apply for a visa.

I would guess most non Laotians that have been able to enter Laos were already living there or were it entering to start working there. The discussion about being able to enter Laos really belongs in the Visas and migration to other countries forum.

Yes agreed, and if he has a usa passport probably less hassle just to fly to mexico city and back.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, at15 said:

Yes agreed, and if he has a usa passport probably less hassle just to fly to mexico city and back.

Would still require 14 quarantine and all the other requirements.

The OP wanted to kill his non O-A.

Not possible currently.

He is better off paying for the insurance requirement.

The border run was a no go from start.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, rodknock said:

i currently have my extension good until 1aug. 2022.

was just asking.

will just wait and see what happens.

i am not in a rush.

if i have to renew insurance next year, so be it.

Horrible to even think borders would still be closed come Aug 2022. 

Thinking you will be fine and could do border bounce at that time and reenter visa exempt.

Common pathway to move to non O (RT)

For others having extensions to non O-A be aware that if your married and you change from extensions retirement to based on marriage then the insurance is not required.

7 hours ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

Why mexico city with a US passport. Why not USA?

His only reason to change to non O was to avoid insurance requirement.

Exit and reenter Thailand to kill off his non O-A was always a nonsense idea.

The cost of trip to anywhere with added cost of reentry means he will wait and live with the insurance requirement.

G day

Im leaving thailand on 30.3.2022 flight to Germany with a valid extension of stay marriage Type of course re-entry permit. My return would be july 2022. My extension expires in September 2021. Would it be advisable to obtain a 3 months covid Insurance in thailand for 3 months july to September prior to leaving ??

Wbr

Roobaa01

5 minutes ago, roobaa01 said:

G day

Im leaving thailand on 30.3.2022 flight to Germany with a valid extension of stay marriage Type of course re-entry permit. My return would be july 2022. My extension expires in September 2021. Would it be advisable to obtain a 3 months covid Insurance in thailand for 3 months july to September prior to leaving ??

Wbr

Roobaa01

I do not see any reason to make that decision until at least March next year, It is very possible that, by July next year, Covid insurance might no longer be mandatory.

51 minutes ago, roobaa01 said:

G day

Wbr

Roobaa01

The type of COVID policies you can get while in Thailand would typically not suffice for current entry requirements. 

And of course the insurance requirement itself might not exist come next July.