Insurance

chris.m.s

Hi guys,

has anyone got medical insurance through farang insurance, i've got a quote of them 

and they are not far of 30,000 cheaper than the other company i've had quotes of

that is a big difference they are a British company but have an office on Ko Samui.

While being properly licensed by the regulator in the country in which they operate is no guarantee of ethical behavior, lack of proper licensing is to me a big red flag. You might wish to determine whether this company has an insurance broker's license issued by the Office of the Insurance Commissioner here in Thailand.

• Like 1

I use AA Insurance Brokers for the past 15 years. They get the best coverage and price to fit your needs. They have 2 offices, one in Pattaya and one in Hua Hin. Owned by a Brit all his employees speak English. You can do everything over the phone and by email.

https://www.aainsure.net/

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/15/2021 at 11:59 AM, Rdrokit said:

Owned by a Brit

I don't know the answer but just curious if you are  sure that is still the case? The one Brit partner I knew in Pattaya left or retired a few years ago and the 2 Caucasians who work from that office are I think Dutch?

They are not an insurance company. They are a broker.

Chances are the policy they quoted to you is an entirely different policy, with different coverage and from a diffetent insurer, than what you got quoted from a different broker.

Be very careful.  Some brokers will not quote or mention policies from insurers with a bad track record or pilucies that provide so little covetage as to be almost useless, but others will especially if the cluent orioritizes low premium. 

Make sure you understand all details of the policy and its limitations. And maybe get a second opinion from a diffetent broker.

2 hours ago, topt said:

I don't know the answer but just curious if you are  sure that is still the case? The one Brit partner I knew in Pattaya left or retired a few years ago and the 2 Caucasians who work from that office are I think Dutch?

You might be right as I have not talked to the owner in years. I only use their office help who speak English. Talked to Benny (Thai) when I changed my medical insurance earlier this year.