London embassy - how to get passport back?

Hi, I've completed the online e-visa application and now need to post my passport to the embassy. However, there are no instructions on this and the phone lines are jam packed. I will send my passport special delivery guaranteed by 1pm. Do I include the same envelope for the return? Or just normal tracked pre-paid? Or just a self-addressed envelope and they will send it back special delivery? Thanks for your advice, I'd prefer to be able to track the passport's return if possible! 

On 9/13/2021 at 10:37 AM, sussex said:

Ah, I have figured it out. I couldn't find the confirmation of application on the e-visa site because it required scrolling horizontally. The confirmation states that I should include a return Special Delivery envelope.

Or £10 cash and they sort it for you. I found this out the hard way! The E-visa site / website needs to be simplified.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, natway09 said:

If you had a decent Embassy you would not need to send your original passport, just a certified copy

I am renewing my retirement extension in a couple of weeks, I might take a certified copy of the passport rather than the original.

I will let you know how I get on.

Not very far I think.

6 minutes ago, roobaa01 said:

Why would i send my Passport to the embassy under the New e-visa System ???

If using the current system you do have to send it to the embassy.

If the new stickerless one is being used by the embassy or official from September 27th it would all be done online.