AIS FIBER Internet installation wait time (2weeks)

dj230

Just rented a condo, got quoted a 2 week wait time for their next appointment for AIS fiber internet installation. Just wondering does anyone have experience with getting it quicker? Do different stores have different appointments or is it all the same regardless with which store you go to? 

Is true faster? (Installation wise) 

4 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I had my True router-connected-to-a-phone-line internet replaced with their fibre optic set up in two days after reporting connection problems.

i will check out true, AIS 5G signal has been wonky, full bars getting 16mbps sometimes which is ridiculously slow and their customer service is quick to respond but poor in quality.

A little wait but worth it, Got the 500mbps/500mbps package and as advertised Speedtest is showed 600mbps/600mbps, 

came with 2 routers, one for entertainment and one for work/gaming to split up network traffic and latentcy is super low 5ms on speed test 

Edited by dj230

13 hours ago, scoutman360 said:

I waited longer than 2 weeks, I think it was 1 month. But never had an internet problem since the switch. I was so frustrated with internet going down all the time before.

yea, 0 issues, super fast low latency internet, they installed it 3 days ago

only thing they messed up with was they installed the routers incorrectly. I got the esport package which comes with 2 separate internet connections & routers, but only 1 connection/router was setup properly. 

Not a big issue 

On 9/23/2021 at 12:27 PM, dj230 said:

A little wait but worth it, Got the 500mbps/500mbps package and as advertised Speedtest is showed 600mbps/600mbps, 

came with 2 routers, one for entertainment and one for work/gaming to split up network traffic and latentcy is super low 5ms on speed test 

I have the same package as you. Also the 2 router one ???? I agree the wait is worth it. Superb for gaming and Internet. So far AIS Fibre is the best I had in 7 years BKK. Had it all to be honest..

• Like 1

11 hours ago, burner2014 said:

I have the same package as you. Also the 2 router one ???? I agree the wait is worth it. Superb for gaming and Internet. So far AIS Fibre is the best I had in 7 years BKK. Had it all to be honest..

Glad to hear, I was surprised how low the latency was. The condo lounge wifi uses AIS fiber and is 300mbps but the ping is 10-30ms, it’s 1-5ms with the esport package 

also I learned some condos don’t even have fiber internet connections, crazy, when I first emailed AIS they said the fastest condo internet was broadband, but I had them check and they verified my condo had fiber internet connections. I got lucky there, I guess renting a newer condo paid off, I couldn’t live with broadband internet 

just wondering did they hook up your 2 routers to separate fiber lines in your home? 

I am living in a condo, thus the unit only has 1 fiber line.  
they daisy chained the routers together, ie. one router feeds internet to the other through a LAN connection, so it defeats the purpose of their esport package which gives 2 separate connections (full speed to both, as if you paid for 2 separate internet connections) 

I wanted to ask them to take one router back and give me a discount but I don’t really want to hassle them for a few hundred baht 

Edited by dj230