Legal Will

ellisg

I have just had a quote from a lawyer in Bangkok of 30,000 baht to draft and register a legal will. It sounds a bit (lot) over the top. Can anyone in the forum recommend another lawyer that may be more economical (I understand that you get what you pay for but it is pretty straight forward).

I'm in Australia so they would need to be able to correspond by email.

Thanks in advance guys :o

Used Tilleke and Gibbin a few years back. I don't recall the price, but it was something about 500-600 US for the wife and I. Believe they are Thailand's oldest law firm. Remember, you get what you pay for sometimes. I wouldn't skimp on a will.

I have just had a quote from a lawyer in Bangkok of 30,000 baht to draft and register a legal will. It sounds a bit (lot) over the top. Can anyone in the forum recommend another lawyer that may be more economical (I understand that you get what you pay for but it is pretty straight forward).

I'm in Australia so they would need to be able to correspond by email.

Thanks in advance guys :D

Hi

Can recommend without hesitation William White of White & White an American who can speak and read Thai.

He prepared a will for my wife for Baht 4,000 +tax this involved 2 copies in Thai and 2 in English. It then cost me a further Baht 1,000 to be notorised which he arranged. (But of course you need to be there to sign it) as it needs to be witnessed by a member of the Thai bar.

If you then require another will for the spouse then this is done at the reduced rate of Baht 2,000 +tax

address 140/36 ITF tower, Room 3 17th floor, Silom Road, Bangrak, Bangkok 10500.

Tel(66) 02 231 6466 e-mail [email protected]

Good Luck

TBWG :o

PS I am not related to him just a very satisfied customer.

PPS This was all done in last 6 months

Edited by TBWG

• 2 weeks later...