Forum upgrade in progress! ×

Ba Level For Dui In Thailand

I have seen some sites claiming the level to be .50mg in your breath not blood. This seems like its abit unlikely though as its even higher than the U.K,

Edited by madjbs

Thanks for letting us know. I always wondered what it was every time I saw an article relating to this.

My home state is .10 BAC. Some are .08. Then again I haven't been keeping track for the last 8 years I have been in thailand.

Wouldn't .05 be 1 bottle of chang for a thai ?

That may be the legal limit but the smart limit is 0 %.

For sure! And please excuse my mistake with the decimal point. I know it is .080 not .80. But, yes, ZERO is best. Whenever we go out to dinner my wife (who does not drink) drives.

You also need to be aware (as I posted in the other thread) how the test is done..

Blood levels are what are listed as the amounts for law but breathalyser levels (milligrams per millilitres of breath / air) are less than half the reading.

You also need to be aware (as I posted in the other thread) how the test is done..

Blood levels are what are listed as the amounts for law but breathalyser levels (milligrams per millilitres of breath / air) are less than half the reading.

A good quality BA instrument corrects automatically for the difference to give an "estimate" of the actual blood alcohol level. However so many variables involved that it is still no guarantee of accuracy. An interesting article on the use of these systems. Note that there are various ways that actually false indications can be given or add to the real alcohol levels.

http://www2.potsdam.edu/hansondj/DrivingIs...1055505643.html