Germany’s Donation of COVID-19 Medication Arrives in Thailand

snoop1130

bb3a10ddc3147be6a707a4a3f9aaa02c_small.jpg

BANGKOK (NNT) - The German Embassy in Bangkok has announced that the shipment of COVID-19 medication, donated by Germany, worth 153 million baht and including the casirivimab/imdevimab antiviral cocktail, arrived in Thailand on Monday.

The embassy said 2,000 doses of the cocktail will be used on COVID-19 patients in a severe condition. The drugs have been registered by the Thai Food and Drug Administration (TFDA) and will be distributed to specific hospitals. Casirivimab/imdevimab is an artificial antibody cocktail designed to trigger resistance to the COVID-19 virus.

Meanwhile, Thailand’s Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul has confirmed that the first batch of 2 million doses of vaccine, of a total of 30 million, will arrive in Thailand on September 29th and will be administered to children aged 12 and over so that schools can reopen.

He added that, by the end of 2021, there will be adequate supplies to administer 900,000 Pfizer shots per day to the wider population. From October, Pfizer will be given as a booster shot to people who have had two doses of Sinovac, while those have had 2 doses of AstraZeneca will be given the Pfizer booster in 2022.

nnt.jpg
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

I think only pfizer is approved for 12-18 years old in the USA, may be same in Thailand also

Indeed, but we're not in Kansas Toto ???? 

I wouldn't put it past the shower in control to stick anything in the kids arms to say they're "vaccinated".

We have the grandkids with us for the duration, home schooling and using the A/C 24/7.

They can stay as long as they need to despite the $$$. Besides they look after our animals ???? 

1 hour ago, Crossy said:

Which vaxx?

I know my family won't let Sinovac into any of the kids arms.

It's likely Pfizer, originally developed by Biontech. Sure it's not Sinvac, because it is not approved and used in Germany.

I hope the coolin curcuit won't be broken - which is quite dificile - and the authorities here are able to roll the vaxx out before expiry date.

Many of the German gifts to other countries expire soon. The reason is, they can't use it at home because of the still strong scepticism.

• Like 2

Numbers are stunning. Correct?

153 million Baht for 2000 units?

76500 Baht/unit.

Damned expensive treatment.

Developed in the USA, while a similar development in Germany is starving funds.

Edited by KhunBENQ

32 minutes ago, JustAnotherHun said:

I hope the coolin curcuit won't be broken - which is quite dificile - and the authorities here are able to roll the vaxx out before expiry date.

The air transport will hopefully be managed by pros who know how to do.

And after that the cooling requirements for BionTech/Pfizer have been much relaxed compared to the first months of deployment.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

The air transport will hopefully be managed by pros who know how to do.

And after that the cooling requirements for BionTech/Pfizer have been much relaxed compared to the first months of deployment.

You're right. It was -70 Celsius before. Now it's +2 - +8 after defrosting, but you have to use it within one month. If its above that it must be used within 2 hours

OMG!!!   30 million total doses-  some will be for a two dose regimen, some as 1 dose boosters.  Of the 30 million, an unknown number, at least 2,000 will be the monoclonal antibody to give to very sick patients. 2 million will be given to children. Unfortunately, there is good science to support the idea that teenagers only need 1 dose of mRNA vaccine to achieve adequate antibody levels. But you can rest assured policies are decided by politicians, not scientists, so 1 million children will miss out.  PS. I am not pro- or anti- vaccine, just a reporter.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JustAnotherHun said:

You're right. It was -70 Celsius before. Now it's +2 - +8 after defrosting, but you have to use it within one month. If its above that it must be used within 2 hours

When I got Pfizer recently they were  carrying it  around in those  polystyrene containers

With regard temp security, at Udon Thani University vaccination site they have a very large mobile generator lorry plumbed in, i assume a power supply back up for the -70c need and the vaccination site itself, so thought has gone into the program.

On 9/14/2021 at 3:35 AM, snoop1130 said:
On 9/14/2021 at 3:51 AM, bdenner said:

Must be brain dead, need to see my shrink.

Can't figure wot this is all about.

2000 doses @ 153 m Baht.

Oh well = a translation problem AND wot are these drugs? Never heard of em?

Casirivimab/imdevimab is a treatment for someone already suffering from covid-19 complications.  It isn't a vaccine.