Joe Ferrari: Prosecutors file request for inquiry into death of man in custody

webfact

3pm.png

Picture: INN

Prosecutors in Nakhon Sawan in the north of Thailand have filed a request for an inquiry into the circumstances of the death in custody of Jirapong or Mawin.

The 24 year old died at Nakhon Sawan police station and its chief - known by the moniker Ferrari Joe because of his wealth and collection of sports cars - is charged with killing him along with half a dozen of his fellow officers.

A video appeared to show the victime having his head wrapped in multiple layers of plastic bags during an interrogation and alleged extortion attempt. 

The inquiry will be held according to Article 150 procedures at the Nakhon Sawan court on October 4-5th. 

INN reported that the defendants in the case will argue that they were only doing their duty. 

asean_now_BB.jpg
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

head wrapped in multiple layers of plastic bags during an interrogation

6 hours ago, webfact said:

they were only doing their duty. 

I can assure you that during my 9 years as a Tourist Police Volunteer, this despicable behavior was not listed in our duty manual!!!

• Like 2

We know the outcome = no surprises there and frankly, I could not care less. Quite obviously the murdered kiddo was not a choir boy either - eventually good riddance! Irrespective of that, the rest is called standard police practice in the land of smiles. 

What concerns me much more is the absolute ignorance by all those 69.93 million Thais who are - in one or another way - victims of all this. 6+ million vote for a party which gets disbanded as the big wigs never expected that party to get any votes to start with; i.e. 6+ million voters are deprived from their vote. While the country is in dire need of professional resurrection, the goons shop for submarines and dream of railway links spidering across Southeast Asia. Schools are closed and "home school" operated in a way, that the kids just lost another year of educational youth; keep in mind that the Thai education system is at the very bottom of the ladder already. The hilarious, self-proclaimed (tourism) horn of plenty remains dead and some serious weirdos from TAT and tourism ministry cook up one silly idea after the other one and the entire tourism industry employing millions of direct and indirect service providers stands idle by and keeps watching? 

Now they expect cargo freighter full of cash flown into Thailand for "deals of the century". Latter will be mopped up domestically (see i.e. Lotus's) yet nobody in his right mind with tons of money would invest in a country with bendable laws and local majority shareholding, yoyo-jumping with work permits and the over-arrogant immigration clowns! 

The next generation will hopefully haunt all these crooks in their urns, graves and should ensure that all that ill-gotten wealth goes there, where it belongs all the time! A government is, after all, rated by the way it executes the legislatives' wishes and the party promises leading to victory - in a democracy. Here, I get the feeling, that the legislative is to serve the semi-divine executive, i.e. the people are here to please the ever-hungry government ....