Possible New Visa Types in Thailand ???

I wouldn't stat laughing just yet. The retirement model mentioned looks very much like the MM2H program introduced into Malaysia - which is a disaster for retirees who signed-up under the old program. I do hope your right and this is more humorous than serious public policy , but I doubt it is meant in jest 

Edited by James Roderick

I’m a humourous guy but cant see anything remotely comical in the OP “ Measures of (Financial) Wealth”. Disaster in Malaysia ? Explain……Get it through your thick cynical skulls that Thailand is tired of hosting deadbeat poor “cheap charlie” addict “playboys” and hobbyist rice farmers, and all manner of worldwide dross, arriving on one way tickets, converting to agent “retirement” visa ( no money/ actual illegal immigrants). Thai Govt. wants to “reset” with quality resident types.  

Better start would be to require Embassy Visas for all non-PR arrivals and SHUT Visa On Arrival Airport Counters, we see frequented by Nigerian Fraudsters, Indian Scammers, Pakistani Drug Dealers, North African Pimps, etc…..none of whom plan on leaving either…..

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

The third group are the so-called work-from-Thailand professionals who are interested in living in Thailand while working remotely for their employers in other countries, he said.

The people in this third group are expected to be digital nomads and employees of large organisations who are close to retirement, he said.

Could this be the long awaited digital nomad visa?

Thaienquirer says 80k USD/year for two year, Bangkokpost doesn't even mention numbers for digital nomads. Also curious on how strict 'employees of large organisations' or 'close to retirement' will be enforced as it really shouldn't matter for what company you are working for as long as you are eligible based on the total income

Nothing to get too excited about at this point as many details are unclear, but it sounds promising and I'm happy at least something is happening