PhysicalAddress U.S. mail forwarding service

I looked into physicaladdress.com a while back, but after many searches on Asean Now, I cannot find any posts about this service.

I’d like to follow up with anyone that has used the service for 6 month or more.

Are you happy with their service?

How long have you been using this service?

Have you had them forward documents or credit/debit cards to you in Thailand?

Do you consider the forwarding service fees fair?

Any feedback on this company would be much appreciated.

Best reference on aseannow.com that I could find is:

https://aseannow.com/topic/1203822-us-topic-anyone-have-experience-with-mail-forwardingphysical-address-service-in-california/

I don't use the aseannow search function.  It sux.  I use Google to search this site only.  Just add  "site:aseannow.com/topic" to your Google query.

Edited by gamb00ler
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just choose the state wisely.

Some state's tax collection agencies have been getting more aggressive. Some will accept the mail-forwarding "excuse" if you can provide mountains of proof re: the permanency of your relocation. Also consider things like jury duty summonses.

I'd do a bit of research, and make sure you understand any government type documents you might be signing when providing your "address".

11 hours ago, gamb00ler said:

Best reference on aseannow.com that I could find is:

https://aseannow.com/topic/1203822-us-topic-anyone-have-experience-with-mail-forwardingphysical-address-service-in-california/

I don't use the aseannow search function.  It sux.  I use Google to search this site only.  Just add  "site:aseannow.com/topic" to your Google query.

Thanks for that link. I actually had a couple of posts in that thread!

And especially thanks for the "site:aseannow.com/topic" search tip when using google. I’ve wasted way too much time trying to use the search engine on this website!

7 minutes ago, srowndedbyh2o said:

Thanks for that link. I actually had a couple of posts in that thread!

And especially thanks for the "site:aseannow.com/topic" search tip when using google. I’ve wasted way too much time trying to use the search engine on this website!

I have used US global mail for some time and never had any issues and like the other poster said I was able to choose a state that has no state income taxes as my address.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Also consider things like jury duty summonses.

Hopefully that won’t be an issue. I’m not establishing residency in the state, like getting a state ID or Drivers License. Just a mailing address.

2 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

I'd do a bit of research, and make sure you understand any government type documents you might be signing when providing your "address".

What sort of government documents are you referring to?

11 minutes ago, raptorea said:

I have used US global mail for some time and never had any issues

Thanks for the suggestion. I’ve looked into US Global Mail before but one thing I didn’t care for was that their scanning fees seem a bit high and could really bump up the monthly cost.

I have been using Postscanmail.com for a few years now and am happy with them. In the US I am based out of Florida and they have offices there as well as most states. They are also adept at forwarding mail to Thailand and I've never had an issue with customs or were forced to pay other fees as sometimes happens with other services. The only issue is some banking and government services know this is not a real address and force me to use another address in addition to this one. In that case I use a relatives address for the physical address but all mail always goes to my virtual mailbox so it's not an issue. Even when I am in the USA like now I continue to use this service as I find I want to get as little mail delivered to my home address as possible in the event I am on the road.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Duke007 said:

I have used physicaladdress for several years without complaint. Never had problem with documents or credit card forwarded to me in Thailand.

Thanks for sharing your experience with PhysicalAddress. Good to hear you are pleased with their service. Which of their locations do you use? I’m thinking of going with their Las Vegas, Nevada location. They do, in my opinion, appear to be the best overall value of the services I’ve researched.

Their pricing is very reasonable, and they claim that they manage and operate all of their address locations and do not ‘outsource’ to third-party mail centers.

As I’ve mentioned in another thread, I’ve been using virtualpostmail.com for a couple of years, but I’m always on the lookout for other options, and PhysicalAddress, at less than have the price of virualpostmail looks like a great deal, especially going forward as prices increase in the future.

5 hours ago, wasabi said:

I have been using Postscanmail.com for a few years now and am happy with them. 

Thanks for the feedback. I took a look at postscanmail but there were a few things I was not sure about them. Like some other services, scanning fees can be substantial when going over the plan limit, and their basic ‘Starter’ plan is fairly limited (5 content scans/month). The big thing that kind of worries me about the service is that they have a huge list of address locations to choose from. At first glance that would appear to be an advantage, but when a company has that many locations, it leads me to believe they just contract out to local postal service companies in these different areas with no real oversight as to how those companies operate, with privacy and security being somewhat questionable.

6 hours ago, HeijoshinCool said:

Having a mailing address in any state, without living there, does not mean you will have to pay taxes or do jury duty.

True, but if a bank or brokerage is sending a 1099 to you at that address, a copy is also going to go to the state tax commission, if it is a state with an income tax.  In that case you will eventually get a letter asking where are your state tax returns.  Some states are more aggressive about it than others.

• Like 1

I having been using sbimailservice.com for the past ten years and recommend them highly.  Basic service including scanning all envelopes is $22/month.  Scanning contents is $0.50 plus 10 cents per page.  Forwarding mail is $2 plus actual shipping costs.  Located in Florida which doesn't have an income tax.

Edited by cmarshall
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, srowndedbyh2o said:

Thanks for the feedback. I took a look at postscanmail but there were a few things I was not sure about them. Like some other services, scanning fees can be substantial when going over the plan limit, and their basic ‘Starter’ plan is fairly limited (5 content scans/month). The big thing that kind of worries me about the service is that they have a huge list of address locations to choose from. At first glance that would appear to be an advantage, but when a company has that many locations, it leads me to believe they just contract out to local postal service companies in these different areas with no real oversight as to how those companies operate, with privacy and security being somewhat questionable.

I used to use virtualpostmail.com like you. I liked them a lot but they didn't have Florida addresses at the time. I too was worried about Postscanmail excessively outsourcing and getting poor service, but I think most of these mailbox companies do this and it is somewhat luck of the draw that you get a good postal service that contracts with them. So your concern is likely valid but you might just have to try and find out. I have a mid tier plan that covers my wife and I and all the scanning and other services we need. For what I get the cost seems fair to me. Also I like Postscanmail website. Well designed and easy to use.

Edited by wasabi
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, cmarshall said:

True, but if a bank or brokerage is sending a 1099 to you at that address, a copy is also going to go to the state tax commission, if it is a state with an income tax.  In that case you will eventually get a letter asking where are your state tax returns.  Some states are more aggressive about it than others.

Ignore it. There is absolutely nothing they can do.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HeijoshinCool said:

Ignore it. There is absolutely nothing they can do.

Not true at all.  They can harass you in a variety of ways up to and including locating and seizing your assets based on their own estimate of the taxes due.  On the other hand if you write to them and explain that the address in question is your mail forwarding address, not your residence, then most state tax commissions will accept that.

But you are, of course, fully entitled to be as truculent as you wish.

• Like 1