“Big Bike” rider dies after crashing into a pickup truck in the Pattaya area

webfact

tpn.jpg

By Goong Nang(GN)

Banglamung – A motorcycle rider, often called by Thais as “Big Bikes”, has been pronounced dead at the scene after crashing into a pickup truck before the motorbike caught fire in Banglamung this morning (September 17th).

The Huayyai Police was notified of the accident at 8:30 A.M. on Chark Ngaew – 311 Road at the entrance of Soi Santi Tarawas Temple in Huayyai.

Emergency responders and The Pattaya News arrived at the scene to find a severely damaged 1000 CC black and yellow big bike. Nearby, first responders found the body of the motorbike driver Mr. Tanawan Jaiyen, 31, who they believe was killed instantly in the accident.

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2021/09/17/big-bike-rider-dies-after-crashing-into-a-pickup-truck-in-the-pattaya-area/

PattayaNews.jpg

• Sad 2

29 minutes ago, ezzra said:

I'd say he was killed instantly judging by the mangled wreck, i know they use smooth tires when racing but this guy tires are as bald as a cue ball...

Track tires can be "bald" or nearly so, even when new. His still had enough grooving to indicate wear.  Fool.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

No education No training!  T.I.T. go from a small scooter to a big bike taking with them the same bad habits they use luckily on a small bike now with a chance to have a big bike, they dress the part they feel the power between their legs and re-enact what they see in video games pedal to the metal with their bad habits now double triple the speed within a second bang it is over.

Just looking at the result of the bike half of it is gone.  If the BIB knew how to inspect the accident most likely no brake marks explains the speed in which the bike was traveling . I know this road well and the location of the temple located at a curve where there are many double park vehicles including side carts one can see the marked double white lines.

1 hour ago, brianthainess said:
2 hours ago, Moonlover said:

There's nothing wrong with slick tyres in dry conditions. In fact they have better grip than grooved ones.

1 hour ago, brianthainess said:

Isn't it the wet season though ? 

Yes I know, but I've been looking at the photos. It looks like a dry, sunny day to me. 

Mr. Tanawas was the owner of a big bike parts shop in Sattahip, so I'm sure when came to tyres, he knew what he was about.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Moonlover said:

Yes I know, but I've been looking at the photos. It looks like a dry, sunny day to me. 

Mr. Tanawas was the owner of a big bike parts shop in Sattahip, so I'm sure when came to tyres, he knew what he was about.

Does he ride with protection and helmet?

• Confused 1

12 hours ago, billd766 said:

And your response and insult are helpful in which way?

I was responding to another poster about bald tires.  The "fool" part referred to the rider who couldn't avoid plowing into the back of a truck for some reason.    Didn't intend to mean the questioner was a fool.  My bad.

• Thanks 2