Good news for Thai ID card holders - free service until end of the year

webfact

6pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Daily News reported an announcement in the Thai Government Gazette from DOPA - the department of provincial administration. 

From now until December 31st people with problems with their Thai identification cards will be able to get free service.

This is to help ease the burden caused by the pandemic.

The media said this was good news for anyone with lost or damaged cards or those who needed to change their names on existing cards. 

asean_now_BB.jpg
  • Sad 1

33 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Um, perhaps because a few expats here are married and can relay this to their partners who don't always listen to the news.

Totally agree with your post.

But could have just left the bit about the news off the post !!!!!!!l LOL.

Edited by Orinoco
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, rbkk said:

I have a yellow book only. Perhaps the pink card might be free now?

I think it costs THB60....and a few hours/days of your life, including in my case a lawyer @ around THB10k, (I can't remember). I think I must have signed about 50 pages of documents, (all in Thai), hence the need for the lawyer, to get my title deeds transferred to a Blue & Yellow Book, and the card was the child of this production.

But if you already have the Yellow Book, it should be straightforward, if you apply to your Amphur, at THB60.

Edited by samtam
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

It was only 60 baht before. 

I know. I just haven't gotten around to being available/free at the end of a day so they can change their software  and systems for a Pink Card (I was advised by them that this was the best time of the day.) 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I have a yellow book and applied for and got a pink card at the same time.  The pink card is useful and I think it means that I don't have to produce my passport all the time.  Also good to keep a central record of hospital visits etc..  I think.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, sirineou said:

This is exactly the reason I read this OP. My wife's ID card still has the address of our other house that we don't live there. When I went to do my visa extension based on marriage a couple of weeks ago, the intervener noticed that her ID cart address and  our primary  residence  address was not the same and had an issue with it. We explained and he let it go but said to change it ASP.

So this OP is of interest to me. 

As long as her name is on the blue housebook, there should be no issue, many Thais don't live where they are regustered. 

18 hours ago, samtam said:

I think it costs THB60....and a few hours/days of your life, including in my case a lawyer @ around THB10k, (I can't remember). I think I must have signed about 50 pages of documents, (all in Thai), hence the need for the lawyer, to get my title deeds transferred to a Blue & Yellow Book, and the card was the child of this production.

But if you already have the Yellow Book, it should be straightforward, if you apply to your Amphur, at THB60.

A pink ID card at my Amphur is currently 200 baht, if you already hold a yellow book.

No lawyers required, just your passport in addition to the yellow book.

The lady in charge fills in the Thai form, in Thai on your behalf, wife required for translation.

Off Topic Interesting Tale FYI: 

Everybody got their Pink ID Card at their Municipal where their Yellow Book issued……..except me ! Trail led to Provincial Ministry of Interior ( after no luck with THREE local Municipals). Took YB with whole YB File, interviewed by the Military Chief there, who had a plain clothes Spook of some sort translate. Many Questions, 1000 baht in the tea money box, short photo / card issue procedure, about 1.5 hours, just before they closed. 

This was after an especially gruelling & intrusive 12 wk Municipal process for YB. Then straight to DLT for Five Year ID - based DL. Got YB - ID - DL within 24 hours. A record perhaps ? Evaded the waiting time between DL Pkg. Acceptance & DL Tests / Issue by showing a flight booking two days hence. 

On 9/18/2021 at 11:48 AM, rbkk said:

I have a yellow book only. Perhaps the pink card might be free now?

It IS Ain't it ?? Or If NOT I've got mine for a very SMALL amount of money at the Ampur Maybe 60 Baht ??.....I Can't Remember !!

Edited by Nong Khai Man
More Added

23 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Wow, what a generous gesture. Big relief to save some xx to 100 Baht in fees!

Wife was at the amphoe yesterday. She had to put cash in a basket, then money being sprayed by officer. A blatant case of money laundering :cheesy:

We went for our Kor Por 2 last week. They charged 1 THB. Yes 1. (She gave them 20)

• Haha 1

On 9/18/2021 at 1:26 PM, WhiteBuffaloATM said:

so predictably the topic has expanded to pink cards and yellow house books…….again.

Yes, it appears a lot of posters overlooked the 3rd paragraph.

'This is to help ease the burden caused by the pandemic'. (not to aid hard done by foreign guests)

Parenthesis obviously mine.

• Like 2