Good news for Thai ID card holders - free service until end of the year

webfact

20 hours ago, Neeranam said:

As long as her name is on the blue housebook, there should be no issue, many Thais don't live where they are regustered. 

Thank you for that, indeed that  was the issue,

Wife has two blue books , I have a yellow book. My wife's ID card address  is still at our first house which is different than the address in my Yellow book.

We explained that we own more than one  properties, and that she had forgotten to change the ID card to our present location, They understood but said that we should change it ASP as it could cause difficulties in the future .

This was my first extension because I just retired. In the past because of my work, we bounced back and forth between the US and here every year so I was not here long enough to worry about extensions.

I hear so many complains about immigration, so I need to say this.

In my instance, at the KKC office they were very professional, and extremely helpful, the process was easy and quick. They came to our house to take pictures and meet a couple of the neighbors as witnesses and it was a very pleasant visit. In a couple of weeks I go to the office to get my one year stamp, 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sirineou said:

In my instance, at the KKC office they were very professional, and extremely helpful, the process was easy and quick.

Great, my experience with this office -  if you show them a bit of respect, they are usually OK. I would recommend taking them something so they remember you, some local cakes usually works, or durian chips.

• Like 1