Huge lynching mob attack murderer of woman during reenactment

webfact

3 hours ago, prakhonchai nick said:

The Police should have retreated and let the family and neighbours sort out the murderer.  Just like all the rest he will be out on the streets again in a few years.

Problem with lynch mobs is that oftentimes, the wrong person gets lynched, sometimes even the victim.  And if the accused is wealthy, popular, a village head man, religious leader, etc., they can easily organize a mob to kill an accuser for damaging their reputation.  Lynchings are common in places like India and Pakistan, and just see how wonderfully people's civil rights are protected.

So...... not a rope in sight anywhere....but this was a lynching party ?? It looked to me more like an RTP farce. Its a shame that the "mob" of justifiably upset relatives and villagers weren't better organised as they could have had him away and dealt some proper justice for the poor girl. They are a most effective Police Farce.....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Spock said:

Doesn't cost the taxpayer much to keep anyone in a Thai jail and it also a much worse punishment than death.

I meant all those cops to protect this piece of vermon, they should have allowed the mob to take over, done and dusted.

• Like 1

I absolutely love the idea of reenactments - gives the relatives of the victims a chance to beat the <deleted> out of the murdering scum. Just a shame that on this occasion they didn't seem to be able to connect with too many substantial blows. Shame they didn't succeed in lynching the little <deleted> 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Iwik Detsiwt said:

So why did this macabre parade occur if the process is no longer meant to happen?

Why was the decision made to showcase the alleged crime if not for media sensation, self promotion; glorification?

Failing to protect and encouraging a suspect to self incriminate only leads to allegations of coercion, inducement, appeals, early release etc. 

It does nothing to increase the skill set of the murder investigation team.

Men's Rea and Actus Reus are proven in court not by some television side show for the gratification of the the victim's family and the masses.

The BiB charge the media to be invited to these events, knowing they make excellent tabloid style theatre when there is good audience participation like this one.

it is nothing to do with crime solving as the accused have already confessed and could be taken to the scene discretely, if it were really necessary to help find evidence or something. If any evidence emerges contrary to the police case, it will be ignored, e.g. the 2B in Koh Tao obviously had no clue what had taken place at the murder scene, following their plastic bag confessions, and a cop could be heard coaching them in the video.

Edited by Dogmatix

5 hours ago, Antonymous said:

What is the point of these reenactments if it isn't to incite such scenes?

STOP THEM right now.

I think it is way to try and induce shame on the perpetrator although it is more likely to cause pain for the loved ones of the victims in my opinion - hence the scene in this video. 

6 hours ago, ChaiyaTH said:

Yeah while for a bit of drugs they remain jailed decades. I notice a lot of murderers get out early in TH to only do it again.

Not only here either there are many cases in Australia and the UK where murderers, rapists  child molesters etc are released and re offend.

Unfortunately life no longer means life and there are all sorts of reductions for pleading guilty, good behavior etc etc.

It seems to be only the US where life means life.

4 hours ago, prakhonchai nick said:

Why shouldn't a murderer suffer the same fate as his/her victim? They never get to see the light of day again through royal pardons, admission of guilt, good behaviour or whatever!

Isn't it obvious?  - Because if a society collectively impusively lynches remand prisoners (or even convicted ones) then the society is no better than the worst within it and cannot be called civilisation. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Will B Good said:

Sentenced in 2013 for attempted murder and released already.

I will never understand why the authorities allow people like this back onto the streets.

Poor girl. Tragic.

Every year so many prisoners are released by a higher authority ! why I don't know maybe a goodwill gesture !

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Will B Good said:

Sentenced in 2013 for attempted murder and released already.

I will never understand why the authorities allow people like this back onto the streets.

Poor girl. Tragic.

a woman's life here, pinuts. Remember this murderer of 4 women released after 4 years and who killed a fifth as soon as he was released in February.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

The police are not the bad boys here. They are supposedly doing their job according to an established procedure, no matter how much out of date it is. The problem is a 'justice' system which allows creatures like this to go free without checks. Until the justice system is reformed and society is protected from violent people, and wealthy influential law breakers, I think there will probably be an increase in Mob Justice with ordinary people taking the law into their own hands

8 hours ago, andersonat said:

Q: Has there ever been a reenactment "to expedite the justice process" in the case of the death of Police Sgt. Major Wichien Klanprasert ?

---  And now that The Suspect is in custody, I ***really*** want to see the on-site reenactment, giving a complete presentation/portrayal of the details surrounding the death of Jeerapong Thanapat ... "to expedite the justice process" ( - and the Public's perception of the Thai Justice Process).

The International Criminal Justice Commission said that reenactments serve no useful purpose

(except of course to get lynched) but Thailand's justice system not being tied to any international system has not heard yet. One day they will catch up like their ability to use Interpol correctly