Huge lynching mob attack murderer of woman during reenactment

webfact

30 minutes ago, wealthychef said:

What kind of psychopath responds to this article with a smiley face emoji?  There is nothing funny in any of it.  

I don't know I thought it was pretty funny that a mob almost over ran the cops to kill a murderer 

A note on The General asking The Royal Thai Police to end the "Perp-Press-Conferences" ( - and so *not* the reenactments) ----->

In September 2016 ...  " ... General Prayuth Chan-ocha sent a letter to the Ministry of Justice telling Police to consider ending the commonplace practice of parading Suspects in front of Reporters out of concern for human rights; Police said the show will go on – with some modifications."

https://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/crime-crime/2016/09/06/perp-pressers-continue-despite-concern-human-rights/

"Police defend the practice as something that gives Suspects the right to ask for clemency, and to show Society how Criminals operate."

8 hours ago, crazykopite said:

The police do these re enactments as a publicity stunt , it an absolutely crazy idea of course family are going to be there and yes if they see the accused they would try and lynch the person it just shows the stupidity of the Thai plod two weeks ago it was some poor soul being murdered by police putting 6 plastic bags over his head now we see this  act of madness ☹️

I think it's a throwback from the medieval ceremony of parading the  killer through town: 'look, here he is, he did it and we have him'. like it gives the villagers some closure, or it was meant to anyway. Maybe it's bad to admit, but I like the reenactments for the nostalgia at least. It's not a bad bit of primal theater and it bands the neighbors together in common resolve. I bet if the villagers are asked, they'd say they appreciate the reenactments.

(but haven't seen the vid yet, might change my mind completely afterwards, just a philosophical bet????)

2 hours ago, Mike k said:

I don't know I thought it was pretty funny that a mob almost over ran the cops to kill a murderer 

I know jokes aren't funny after you explain them, but I still don't see what's funny in that.  A girl died.  A mob tried to get revenge.  The police had to stop it.  Haha?  

I think you need to watch the genius comic Anthony Jeselnik if you want some real humor about death.  This is real life, and laughing about it kind of ... shows a lack of humanity.  In my opinion!  Cheers.  

19 hours ago, sead said:

If 200 police officers were ordered to follow the reenactment, then they already knew this would happen. So why did they go through with it.... 

And why announce it to the press, If they can't stop their stupid

re-enactments, then do it on the quiet, no need to announce it to all and sundry. as said this is just a show to make people think the RTP do a fine job.

20 hours ago, Iwik Detsiwt said:

So why did this macabre parade occur if the process is no longer meant to happen?

Why was the decision made to showcase the alleged crime if not for media sensation, self promotion; glorification?

Failing to protect and encouraging a suspect to self incriminate only leads to allegations of coercion, inducement, appeals, early release etc. 

It does nothing to increase the skill set of the murder investigation team.

Men's Rea and Actus Reus are proven in court not by some television side show for the gratification of the the victim's family and the masses.

As westerners it is often so difficult to understand the Thai way where the process is mostly so blatantly floored. So this guy attempted murder 8 years ago so obviously he is a low life, hopefully the court process will address his sentence to fit the crime, ie a life for a life given his track record. If the guy had been selling meths or heroine he would be in for 20 years, very difficult to understand the Thai judicery and the sentencing system. Joe Ferrai, a policemen that killed a suspect while in his custody will probably get three years in some cosy section of the prison with full priorities etc yet he was a senior law enforcement officer apparently trying to extract money from a drug dealer! Hard to get your head around the Thai way!!!!!

20 hours ago, Will B Good said:

Hahaha....your solution is not to put offenders, including murderers, in prison?

How about not imprisoning non-violent offenders and building more prisons???

No can do, need money for submarines and space programme.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Thaifly88 said:

Re-enactments before a guilty verdict sounds somewhat prejudicial. If he intends to plead not guilty, what is there to reenact ? Seems medieval and contrary to the course of justice. As for doing it in public with a large crowd present is quite bizarre. I often think Thailand is progressing rather well and then I read things like this.

"I often think Thailand is progressing rather well." Under the soldiers government?????????????

19 hours ago, prakhonchai nick said:

Whilst many Thais may prefer a death penalty, money speaks louder. Where is a murderer going to find  money to recompense the families?

An eye for an eye. The only certain way to be sure they won't murder again and totally justified.!

I agree, but you have to make sure the person is 100% guilty, not just to rely on one persons "the judge"s decision.

19 hours ago, Thunglom said:

these "re-enactments" are a farce - Thai police methodologies need a serious review,

They are not prepared to do anything about Thailand's dreadful road statistics, so why should this be any different? You have all the Lt/Cols, Maj/Gens, and other high end police ranks to busy preening themselves and prancing about with their medals, ribbons, and other bling, to bother about law and order.

23 hours ago, Antonymous said:

What is the point of these reenactments if it isn't to incite such scenes?

STOP THEM right now.

These reenactments are gross.

How many time shave you seen cops telling the suspect and/or telling him/her where to point, or specifically how to act out an incident. 

All of which means the suspect is forced into saying things/doing things which are often not accurate and even worse totally incriminating. 

All totally ignoring all aspects of basic human rights.

There's a long way to go.

18 hours ago, Mike k said:

If they don't want to do the time they shouldn't commit the crime 

What about the people who are innocent? and don't tell me that everyone in prison is guilty. I believe the vast majority are guilty, but keep in mind that everyone serving a prison term are there on one persons decision, and no human being never makes mistakes.

3 hours ago, possum1931 said:

They are not prepared to do anything about Thailand's dreadful road statistics, so why should this be any different? You have all the Lt/Cols, Maj/Gens, and other high end police ranks to busy preening themselves and prancing about with their medals, ribbons, and other bling, to bother about law and order.

There is an inherent problem with governments that aren't truly elected - when people get the job either through their military rank or "connections" - the inevitable result is that you get many cases of people getting jobs they are not capable f doing.

the Thai authorities time again display the "dunning Kruger effect" a self-satisfied smugness - and an inability to appreciate how they fall short of actually carrying out the job their are meant to be doing. Time and again they ignore the advice of scientists and those properly informed and follow their own ingrained prejudices and assumptions.

the result is they stick to "medieval"  practices like re-enactments, photos pointing at the accused etc etc - the same applies to road safety where the solutions are internationally available and proven yet totally ignored by successive Thai governments - they just know better!?!?!

• Thanks 1

On 9/18/2021 at 1:31 PM, Spock said:

Doesn't cost the taxpayer much to keep anyone in a Thai jail and it also a much worse punishment than death.

Strange statement a fate worse than death . Are you quoting an experience in a Thai Jail ? I would say with out the experience my self I would prefer jail than death .

Cost ? You have knowledge of the cost of jails in Thailand ? 

16 hours ago, itsari said:

Strange statement a fate worse than death . Are you quoting an experience in a Thai Jail ? I would say with out the experience my self I would prefer jail than death .

Cost ? You have knowledge of the cost of jails in Thailand ? 

The cost of feeding a prisoner I read about 10 years ago - less than $1.50 a day. I have a goof Thai friend doing time and have visited on numerous occasions as well as regularly correspond. I have a fairly good understand what life inside is like.

1 hour ago, Spock said:

The cost of feeding a prisoner I read about 10 years ago - less than $1.50 a day. I have a goof Thai friend doing time and have visited on numerous occasions as well as regularly correspond. I have a fairly good understand what life inside is like.

Wikipedia states the budget for the correction services is 14 million baht a year . Divide that by the prison population of 300,000 and you come to 50 baht a day per inmate . 

Thanks for your reply