A Thai friend wants to rent a car and drive to Hua Hin and stay in a hotel there for 3 nights.  Am I allowed to do this?

burlap

I am a foreigner (US) who is staying in Thailand using retirement extensions.  I have not left Thailand for more than 10 years - I live in Bangkok. I have received the first vaccination with an appointment for the second on October 12.  A Thai friend wants to rent a car and drive to Hua Hin and stay in a hotel there for 3 nights.  Am I allowed to do this? 

Thanks.

Edited by burlap
spelling
  • Confused 1

Your friend has to have a reason to travel intraprovincionally and you would be just a driver. Need to register on the day of travel on application. Very small chance of being stopped and asked about travel, and even more so about vax.

From 1st october big chance of lessening travel restrictions to HH. More places will be opened but also more expensive than now

Some hotels in Hua Hin have a published policy that guests staying at their hotel and those wishing to dine must show evidence of their vaccinations before they can stay or dine at the establishment, they say this is to comply with Government Regulations.

The Centra have emailed customers, I suspect they're not acting alone.

There certainly seems to be more weekenders of late, only time will tell if it has an adverse effect on the infection rate as has happend previously.

Road checks are few and far between.

On 9/18/2021 at 11:34 PM, burlap said:

A Thai friend wants to rent a car and drive to Hua Hin and stay in a hotel there for 3 nights.  Am I allowed to do this? 

From what is written here, it sounds like you are asking if you can rent a car for a Thai friend, nothing in your post about traveling with them. 

• Like 1