Dear Mr Policeman: Your job is to arrest the bad guys - not engage in PR

rooster59

7 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

Just like in many other countries that resurrect campaigns to encourage reductions in crime such as knife and gun crime, they repeat amnesties. So, why can't they do it again?

With overstays falling into the most ' least serious crimes ' category and no doubt this lady contributing to the economy over many years, even if its only her weekly shopping, a lady who has just lost her husband, why can't they look at the amnesty situation again as a sign of goodwill to foreigners?

She isn't tapping in to free social care or healthcare or the welfare system like Thais are able to do in the UK after their marriages fail and they have their shiny new UK passports.

You mention :- . If there are people that still are hiding out somewhere and refuses to adhere to the rules of law, then it´s not time to blame Thailand and immigration.

Rule of law?  The same rule of law used by immigration that nearly crucifies foreigners for bringing in SLIGHTLY over their amount of cigarettes or alcohol at Suvarnabhumi airport but the cops themselves are flying in their tax evading booze and ciggies in police airplanes emblazoned with RTP insignia!!!

The government speaks to us in its announcements almost as though it's our ' duty ' to come and spend money in Thailand despite the flip flopping, ASQ hotels and quarantine, rule changes and xenophobia despite the fact that there is <deleted> all open when you get here, when it suits them, and they do it without shame.

I think you will find that the people who are crucifying foreigners for exceeding their duty free allowance are not Immigration but Customs and I don’t believe that they are part of the RTP.

Probably just as bad but try exceeding you’re entitlement entering Australia and you will experience problems.

• Thanks 1

Thank you, good piece. Everyone should learn to agree to disagree sometimes. Some personal views mixed with fact is going to bring out the complot and "I don't believe that" but still a nice read of mixed info. It's called news ????????????

1 hour ago, StevieAus said:

I think you will find that the people who are crucifying foreigners for exceeding their duty free allowance are not Immigration but Customs and I don’t believe that they are part of the RTP.

Probably just as bad but try exceeding you’re entitlement entering Australia and you will experience problems.

Yep,

You are of course correct.

It is customs but they really do all pee in the same pot.

Rooster Man,  been reading for a number of years, first time I ever fell asleep in the middle of it. -  me thinks this Covid stuff has taxed your normal sense of humor to the maximum............c'mon boy, get back in the saddle, we look forward to a laugh at the end of the week.............????  ????  ????  ????    Just hidden, was very informative and cut toi the bone, but I did fall asleep in the middle of it...........????  ????  ????  ????

Edited by TunnelRat69