A million doses of vaccines to be administered on Mahidol Day (Sep 24th)

webfact

milloin-dose-19921.jpg

Thailand’s Ministry of Public Health plans to administer at least one million doses of vaccines on Mahidol Day (September 24th) to commemorate the late HRH Prince Mahidol of Songkhla, father of the late King Bhumibol Adulyadej, for his contribution to medical education in Thailand.

Disease Control Department Director-General Dr. Opart Karnkawinpong said today (Sunday) that Sinovac, Sinopharm, AstraZeneca and Pfizer vaccines will be used in the mass vaccination on that day, as he urged people who are still not inoculated to receive the free jabs at their nearest vaccination centre.

Citing locally-conducted studies on the “mix and match” vaccination option, he said that administering Sinovac vaccine as the first jab, to be followed by AstraZeneca as the second, 3-4 weeks apart, helps to boost the level of immune response in a shorter time than an ordinary vaccination regimen.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/a-million-doses-of-vaccines-to-be-administered-on-mahidol-day-sep-24th/

Logo-top-.png

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand’s Ministry of Public Health plans to administer at least one million doses of vaccines on Mahidol Day (September 24th) to commemorate the late HRH Prince Mahidol of Songkhla, father of the late King Bhumibol Adulyadej, for his contribution to medical education in Thailand

That's a million that won't be going to the beach then... 

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, edwinchester said:

Went to my hospital today for my second shot of AZ. No vaccine available and was told to come back on Friday because it was being saved for the big show then.

Alot of ****** off people in the queue as well as me.

A good way to get really large numbers of people to all gather together at the same time in a pandemic.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, edwinchester said:

Went to my hospital today for my second shot of AZ. No vaccine available and was told to come back on Friday because it was being saved for the big show then.

Alot of ****** off people in the queue as well as me.

Million Dose Day is absolute stupidity! 

• Like 1