Can I Start Again.

NoshowJones

I have already tried this on this topic, maybe I did not word it very well, so can I start again?

I have had smartphones for years, but never used it to send or receive emails, I have now fixed it to do just that.

I have deleted many emails but my trash folder stays empty, I have even sent emails and the sent folder also remains empty.

These deleted emails must be going somewhere and piling up on my phone. where are they going?

One poster gave me a reply which I thought would be the answer, he said click on "on board" app at top of left hand screen for accessing Hotmail.

I cannot find an "on board" app at all, but clicked on the only app there which was a google app, some answers came up but they are not helping. 

I am the only farang here, and the guy in the local computer shop cannot speak any English at all. so even that's out.

Can someone please help me here?

It depends on the email host you are using. You are probably using IMAP email places like yahoo Google and Microsoft (hotmail) are all either IMAP or as near as makes no difference to the user. So “deleted” mail maybe actually archived (Google) or quite possibly actually deleted, but in any case usually deleted from the phone immediately, sent mail will depend on your settings but it may not be retained on the phone. 

To access the sent mail, archived mail (Google deleted), saved mail etc, you will either need to change settings on the phone or more probably log into the website. 

If they are on the phone you will be able somewhere to see how much space is being used by each program, I guess you are using android, I don’t so can’t tell you exactly how to see that but a Google search will.

The way IMAP works is that the mail is on the server your device is just going to the server for it and unless you have used rather unusual settings doesn’t keep much on your device.

you are probably remembering POP3 Mail where the server kept nothing it was always on your device. I still use it for some of my email and can go back around 25 years but then I’m not your average user.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

It depends on the email host you are using. You are probably using IMAP email places like yahoo Google and Microsoft (hotmail) are all either IMAP or as near as makes no difference to the user. So “deleted” mail maybe actually archived (Google) or quite possibly actually deleted, but in any case usually deleted from the phone immediately, sent mail will depend on your settings but it may not be retained on the phone. 

To access the sent mail, archived mail (Google deleted), saved mail etc, you will either need to change settings on the phone or more probably log into the website. 

If they are on the phone you will be able somewhere to see how much space is being used by each program, I guess you are using android, I don’t so can’t tell you exactly how to see that but a Google search will.

The way IMAP works is that the mail is on the server your device is just going to the server for it and unless you have used rather unusual settings doesn’t keep much on your device.

you are probably remembering POP3 Mail where the server kept nothing it was always on your device. I still use it for some of my email and can go back around 25 years but then I’m not your average user.

I will send you a PM soon. Thanks.