19 arrested at luxury villa as Rawai party busted

webfact

1632113385_1-org.jpg

Police arrested 19 people, including Thais and foreigners, at the luxury villa party in Rawai. Photo: Muang District Office

By Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: Chalong Police have arrested 19 people, including Thais and foreigners, at a party at a luxury villa in Rawai for breach of COVID-prevention rules currently in force by holding an illegal gathering.

The landlord of the property has also been arrested for obstruction of arrest, said a report by Muang District officials.

The luxury villa, located within the Crystal Villa residential estate in Rawai near Nai Harn Lake, was raided at 1am Saturday, officers reported.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/19-arrested-at-luxury-villa-as-rawai-party-busted-81462.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2021-09-20

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Crazy, come to Thailand test positive you can kiss your vacation goodbye, have a beer in private and get arrested.

Which one of the 19 arrested was having "a beer in private that led to his arrest"?    Are you not aware of the Covid restrictions on gatherings at the moment?    

• Confused 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Which one of the 19 arrested was having "a beer in private that led to his arrest"?    Are you not aware of the Covid restrictions on gatherings at the moment?    

Maybe you should change your name to Negative Lou , you'r a bit on the negative side lately . Not used to you being like that . It was a private property and maybe everybody attending was vaccinated it is in the so called "working" sandbox by the way . 

• Like 1

It's actually about the 3rd or 4th time a similar things happened in Rawai in the last couple of months, apparently arranged by a certain bar owner with friends that own high end condos, the ones that weren't reported were at at Vilas with keycode locks and somehow the BB got the codes....each time!

Those nabbed had 2 options....

44 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

I would say they brought it on themselves they know the rules like it or lump it, thats the way it is, there would be a few locals live around that project and they would not be happy 1 am loud music,

Was there loud music?

• Like 1

On 9/20/2021 at 6:35 PM, Nanaplaza666 said:
On 9/20/2021 at 5:18 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

Maybe you should change your name to Negative Lou , you'r a bit on the negative side lately . Not used to you being like that . It was a private property and maybe everybody attending was vaccinated it is in the so called "working" sandbox by the way . 

I'll change my name to "I Express Rational Opinions That Don't Fit Most Thaivisa Posters' Narrative So I Must Be Negative", would that suit you?     

The Covid restriction against gatherings applies to private or public places and it is regardless of whether those attending are vaccinated...by the way.

• Like 2