Sattahip to Mae Sot on a motorbike .

banglay

Hi All looking to drive from Sattahip to Mae Sot (beginning of November) by motorbike  ..any recommendation/tips of the fastest route preferably by-passing BKK as much as  possible .....  looking to do the journey in one day .

and  if you know a couple of rest stops with decent food  that would be helpful too ???? 

Thanks in advance Cheers

48 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

If you are using Google maps on a mobile there is a motorbike option.

Got a route planned out already  . I was just wondering if anyone had a better route option I am always open for new ideas

1290940667_Screenshot2021-09-20160246.png.a04f33c8bfde5cf450fa0459aa62f664.png.

37 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

That would be something long slog on a motorbike in one day unless it's a big bike and your fit. 

Don't see how you can avoid Bkk unless you take 2days. 

this route avoids BKK and only add a few extra Km

631554324_Screenshot2021-09-20160246.png.e8af75e5d38f75a7ebddcac11b1af9b1.png

6 minutes ago, banglay said:

this route avoids BKK and only add a few extra Km

631554324_Screenshot2021-09-20160246.png.e8af75e5d38f75a7ebddcac11b1af9b1.png

Looks good still a long slog in one day, these days  I would stop the night half way. ????

Is there any tolls in that route or is a proper bike route. 

6 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Looks good still a long slog in one day, these days  I would stop the night half way. ????

Is there any tolls in that route or is a proper bike route. 

No Toll roads on this route .   ...   and 10hrs on the saddle doesn't phase me 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, banglay said:

No Toll roads on this route .   ...   and 10hrs on the saddle doesn't phase me 

Well you're gonna get traffic anyway anywhere near Bkk and it's outskirts so be safe. 

That is not the sort of biking in Thailand I would enjoy I would stop at least 2 nights on the way. 

I understand if ya just wanna get there so 'ride to live'.  K. 

5 minutes ago, chrissables said:

Is there a reason for not wanting to stop and see some sites on the way?

I often do long rides like that if there is nothing interesting for me to stop and see, but usually i like to in the scenery.

Yeah ! it's to get me to the start of my road trip proper ...  After leaving Mae Sot it'll be at a more relaxed pace and taking in the local sites   about 300Km +/- 50km each day  the red line a rough idea of my route  ...  1963779830_Screenshot2021-09-19144452.png.224c82346be65d1b6e128a92385af94f.png

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, banglay said:

Yeah ! it's to get me to the start of my road trip proper ...  After leaving Mae Sot it'll be at a more relaxed pace and taking in the local sites   about 300Km +/- 50km each day  the red line a rough idea of my route  ...  1963779830_Screenshot2021-09-19144452.png.224c82346be65d1b6e128a92385af94f.png

Nice route, i have done similar a few times. But now i ride to a place with good amenities, stay a few days and go exploring before moving on.

4 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

To get to Maesot the road where you turn right quite a way out of Tak is where the beginnings of the mountain roads.

If you want my advice stay a night in Tak because you'll be tired by then and getting through into the mountain roads can have many hazards.

Also it's nice there and you can take the slower road R1175 which is great.

1 hour ago, chrissables said:

Also it's nice there and you can take the slower road R1175 which is great.

Never heard of R1175 it was the R12 all the way, haven't been that way in a while, Sukhothai opened an imm office so no need to go Maesot imm anymore.

7 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Never heard of R1175 it was the R12 all the way, haven't been that way in a while, Sukhothai opened an imm office so no need to go Maesot imm anymore.

It's just north of Tak and goes through Mae Tuen Forest Park and come out onto the 105 at Mae Ramat. 

It's a slower road, but my preference due to views.

Tambon Ko Taphao, Amphoe Ban Tak, Chang Wat Tak 63120

17.064003, 99.048825

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chrissables said:

It's just north of Tak and goes through Mae Tuen Forest Park and come out onto the 105 at Mae Ramat. 

17.064003, 99.048825

Have you any personal recommendation  for accommodation(one night stop0ver) in the Tak area before you reach the 1175... and price ect  Cheers  ????

Edited by banglay

47 minutes ago, banglay said:

Have you any personal recommendation  for accommodation(one night stop0ver) in the Tak area before you reach the 1175... and price ect  Cheers  ????

I have stayed here a few times, not the cheapest, but good value. 

https://goo.gl/maps/pe64QfbwsxhQsohw9

Not far from the beginning of 1175 the dam is worth a visit.

https://goo.gl/maps/LM6TxHLvzpehyRQk7

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, banglay said:

If the weather is good as you near MHS take a ride up Ban Microwave, keep going to the masts there, just past them some of the best views in the area are there.

It is a steep road, one of the steepest in the country.

https://goo.gl/maps/sZKZnytjNTZrwQw99

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, chrissables said:

If the weather is good as you near MHS take a ride up Ban Microwave, keep going to the masts there, just past them some of the best views in the area are there.

It is a steep road, one of the steepest in the country.

https://goo.gl/maps/sZKZnytjNTZrwQw99

Cheers that's on my route I'll check it out thx ????     any suggestion appreciated 

PS the Dam can you ride you bike over it ?

Edited by banglay
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, chrissables said:

17.064003, 99.048825

Only been riding out for a couple hours a day until this covid thing calms down.

Wouldn't want to stop in Maesot town again horrible place and at the moment has covid problems

better to stop somewhere just outside before getting there that's if anything is open.

Use to like the mountain road section.

Don't know what the road is like now or the road that follows the border from Maesot to Mae hong son years ago there was nothing for a hundreds of kilos or more, lucky to get petrol from a farmhouse just off road. 

17 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Don't know what the road is like now or the road that follows the border from Maesot to Mae hong son years ago there was nothing for a hundreds of kilos or more, lucky to get petrol from a farmhouse just off road.

Plenty accomidation.

5 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Only been riding out for a couple hours a day until this covid thing calms down.

Wouldn't want to stop in Maesot town again horrible place and at the moment has covid problems

better to stop somewhere just outside before getting there that's if anything is open.

Use to like the mountain road section.

It's all good road now, changed so much. My last trip was this year on a Honda CT125, but i didn't hit R105 south until Mae Yuam.

6 hours ago, banglay said:

Cheers that's on my route I'll check it out thx ????     any suggestion appreciated 

PS the Dam can you ride you bike over it ?

You can ride up to the dam, park and walk along some of it. Worth doing i think.

This is my trip earlier this year in reverse to yours, have a look, they should be some ideas for you.

What do you look for? Fast roads, good views........?

https://aseannow.com/topic/1211660-honda-ct125-a-testing-ride-around-issan-and-the-north-of-thailand/

Edited by chrissables

15 minutes ago, chrissables said:

Riding through the Salawin National Park to the Salawin river was challenging, best in the dry season due to riding along some river beds.

Yeah but you miss my point of respect if you were on at least a CRF250L like I had out that way once, it was slow but river bed's no problem. ????

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, chrissables said:

You can ride up to the dam, park and walk along some of it. Worth doing i think.

This is my trip earlier this year in reverse to yours, have a look, they should be some ideas for you.

What do you look for? Fast roads, good views........?

https://aseannow.com/topic/1211660-honda-ct125-a-testing-ride-around-issan-and-the-north-of-thailand/

Just had a quick run through your trip  very similar to mine .. I am looking for off the beaten tracks too   .. as much off road as possible  ...   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Yeah but you miss my point of respect if you were on at least a CRF250L like I had out that way once, it was slow but river bed's no problem. ????

I have  Honda Rally, but keep falling off 555555 Only off once on the CT, and that was alongside the Salawin river, very steep and the front tyre hit a rock causing a wonderful, but uncontrolled wheelie ????