Thai Covid-19 Center to discuss gradual reopening of cinemas and entertainment venues nationwide

snoop1130

8A4D9116D66306044A22F8B78A6F626B_1000-629x420.jpg

PHOTO: Post Today

The Center for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) is planning to discuss the gradual reopening of cinemas and entertainment venues at a major general meeting next Monday, September 27th.

CCSA assistant spokesperson Apisamai Srirangsan said today, September 20th, that the CCSA general meeting will be discussing several matters as proposed by the Public Health Ministry, including the reopening of movie theaters and entertainment venues like bars, nightlife, live music venues, theaters, and more.

However, the assistant spokesperson stressed that if approved, the reopening would be done in gradual, stable, and safe ways as possible and each province and area may apply in a different timeframe, depending on whether they are ready or not. Unlike prior openings last year and in January, it would not likely be an opening of the entire entertainment sector at once but likely in staggered, safe steps.

Full Story: https://thepattayanews.com/2021/09/20/thai-covid-19-center-to-discuss-gradual-reopening-of-cinemas-and-entertainment-venues-nationwide/

PattayaNews.jpg

• Thanks 2

“As vaccination rates increase, however, and the released numbers from the CCSA in terms of cases of Covid-19 and especially deaths lower, talk has begun for the first time in six months around reopening the shuttered entertainment industry, which is especially important to the economy of Pattaya.

This also comes as Pattaya city leaders have tentatively announced planning events for November and December in hopes that the highly accelerated vaccination campaign will be at a level to allow the city to fully open and return to somewhat normality.”

No mention of what the vaccination level is that will allow the city to fully open. If they are planning events for November it’s unlikely, if not impossible that they will be at 70% fully vaccinated. 

Different day, different nonsense spouted by Thai civil servants.

Entertainment venues are the last places that will open.

They will be closing again within a few weeks of opening anyway.

A few covid cases traced to Nana Plaza, Soi Cowboy, LK Metro or Walking Street and the neon signs outside will be turned off again.

The new normal doesn't have 'entertainment venues' in its charter.

12 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

“As vaccination rates increase, however, and the released numbers from the CCSA in terms of cases of Covid-19 and especially deaths lower, talk has begun for the first time in six months around reopening the shuttered entertainment industry, which is especially important to the economy of Pattaya.

This also comes as Pattaya city leaders have tentatively announced planning events for November and December in hopes that the highly accelerated vaccination campaign will be at a level to allow the city to fully open and return to somewhat normality.”

No mention of what the vaccination level is that will allow the city to fully open. If they are planning events for November it’s unlikely, if not impossible that they will be at 70% fully vaccinated. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Cherrytreeview said:

Different day, different nonsense spouted by Thai civil servants.

Entertainment venues are the last places that will open.

They will be closing again within a few weeks of opening anyway.

A few covid cases traced to Nana Plaza, Soi Cowboy, LK Metro or Walking Street and the neon signs outside will be turned off again.

The new normal doesn't have 'entertainment venues' in its charter.

when I obtained my crystal ball all those years ago it just never lived up to the hype, then I was offered a secret manuscipt that had a map showing the location of a "super crystal ball" - it also came with a whip and a really cool cowboy hat with the inscription "I J", I laughed and respectfully declined ........................... I am sure some mug fell for it but not me

????

1 hour ago, smedly said:

when I obtained my crystal ball all those years ago it just never lived up to the hype, then I was offered a secret manuscipt that had a map showing the location of a "super crystal ball" - it also came with a whip and a really cool cowboy hat with the inscription "I J", I laughed and respectfully declined ........................... I am sure some mug fell for it but not me

????

There was a crystal ball followed by some posters here believing that things would open up on the 1st Oct. Best in my opinion to stop with the predictions that lead to false hopes and wait for official announcements with the full details published and that will not happen until conditions are right, ie vaccinations are to the level required.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

However, the assistant spokesperson stressed that if approved, the reopening would be done in gradual, stable, and safe ways as possible and each province and area may apply in a different timeframe, depending on whether they are ready or not. Unlike prior openings last year and in January, it would not likely be an opening of the entire entertainment sector at once but likely in staggered, safe steps.

Yeah okay.

9 hours ago, Kadilo said:

This also comes as Pattaya city leaders have tentatively announced planning events for November and December in hopes that the highly accelerated vaccination campaign will be at a level to allow the city to fully open and return to somewhat normality

Somewhat normality this year... dreams.

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

There was a crystal ball followed by some posters here believing that things would open up on the 1st Oct. Best in my opinion to stop with the predictions that lead to false hopes and wait for official announcements with the full details published and that will not happen until conditions are right, ie vaccinations are to the level required.

True. But quite a few were surprised when restaurants, massage places and malls reopened earlier than expected.  I do think there's a likelihood of further openings next month. Let's see - and stay optimistic!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

True. But quite a few were surprised when restaurants, massage places and malls reopened earlier than expected.  I do think there's a likelihood of further openings next month. Let's see - and stay optimistic!

Next month I agree, there is likely to be further openings due to vaccination levels but not likely for international tourism was my point.

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, smedly said:

????

Yeah, i remember those also.

One was inscribed 'never listen to miserable old codgers who reply in riddles.'

????

• Haha 1