Jump to content

ko ro 2 problem


Recommended Posts


I explain from the beginning : I was married with my Thai girfriend on june 1 st, in a small amphoe, up country

I got a marriage certificate ( two pages, not recto-verso ) ; when I went to MOFA to have it certified, the girl at the desk told that this certificate was not good because in the bottom, there was a signature which says that this document is only for the person who verifies, so they send me to Lakti, where they they made a new contrat without the wrong text and the good signature 

and again, problem: MOFA did the job, at the moment I didn't pay attention , but they put their stamp on the original and they gave me a copy of the original ( without the stamp ) 

now  my embassy , to declare the mariage in my home country , wants the copy with the original MOFA stamp, but this stamp is on the original contract and I want to keep the original contract with me : what to do ? come back to MOFA and ask they do the job again, but this time correctly ; BTW, does immigration wants the original Ko ro 2 or a copy is enought ? 


Link to post
Share on other sites

Koh ror 2 = the registration document.  Immigration always wants a new one every year. (Cost at my amphur is now 1 baht, used to be 10). JUst give it to your embassy and get another one for immigration. You will need a new one for immigration every year to confirm you are still married!


Koh ror 3 is the flowery docuemnt (one for you and one for your wife) This you always keep and just show. In case of divorce you have to return it to the amphur).

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Create New...